Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Infotype updated via BDC

Former Member
0 Kudos

I  have infotype with custom fields, the infotype record is inserted via BDC session generated by a report, before the BDC was working fine.

Today the custom fields does not get updated when execute the session in background or foreground.

There is no change in the report at all.

Please advise where I should look for to resolve this issue?

BR,

Ali

11 REPLIES 11

alok_patra
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Ali,

You need to provide some more information.

Have you changed anything at info type level, name of the field ?

Can you check the custom field is populated with data on screen when BDC is running in foreground mode ? Can you debug the code generated for custom fields ?

Cheers,

Alok

0 Kudos

There is no change neither in infotype nor report .

Also the name of fields are same as before.

During the BDC in foregrond mode the fields are populated but not stored in infotype.

Note: When creating the record from Tcode PA30, the fields get updated and stored in database table. But via executing BDC not stored.

BR,

Ali

GauthamV
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Keep a break point in the program and check the error messages.

If you dont mention the exact error, it will be difficult for any one to help you.

0 Kudos

There is no error message occur during the execution of the program which generate the BDC session to update infotype.

The BDC is executed successfully, with no error message, but the custom fields data are not reflected in infotype.

0 Kudos

Are the fields updated when you directly execute the transaction (e.g. PA30) to insure if problem came from BDC or from transaction behavior?

Regards,

Raymond

0 Kudos

Execute T.code PA30 directly working fine, but via BDC the issue comes.

(Before the BDC working fine and no change in the report at all)

0 Kudos

Hi,

Try to execute PA30 with TC SHDB. Here you can simulate the batch input and try better understand the problem.

Regards,

Maria João Rocha

former_member186746
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Is the user executing the report changed?

HR works with features which are controlled by user parameters. Check the molga parameter.

Kind regards, Rob Dielemans

0 Kudos

Hi Rob,

What I should check in molga parameter?

0 Kudos

Hi,

molga is the landcode and can be used in infotype screens to determine which fields you see.

Now that I think about it, you should also check dynamic actions maybe they are not executed when you use a different user.

Anyways start by comparing the roles and user parameters of your user id and the one for background processing.

Kind regards, Rob Dielemans

Patrick_vN
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

And if all else fails, try to run the BDC in foreground.