cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Content refresh failing due to missing datasource

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I am testing DM 10.1 for an upgrade from SP4 to SP5. Part of our test script involves testing the content refresh functionality.

I have a simple report with a single chapter and there is only one datasource in my config20 file (called DM-Dev). In the report, I connected to the server when selecting my datasource. On the Content refresh tab, DM recognizes that there is one briefingbook and the correct datasource. However, when I try to start the refresh, I get the error: Missing datasource DM-Dev in config20.xml. I have confirmed that the config20.xml file stored on the server has the DM-Dev datasource in it.

What step(s) have I missed?

Thanks!

Beth

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member195154
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Beth,

The reason is because there is a local (client) config20.xml file in (%appdata%\cundus AG\cundusBIPublisher ) with an incorrect datasource entry.

You can correct this as follows:

1. Copy the server's 'config20.xml' to the end-user's machine

OR.

2. Check out the document and make sure you do a server login and check the document back in

Regards

Folu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you, Folu. The refresh worked after I saved the server config20.xml file to my machine. I'm not sure why this was necessary, as the same file on my machine had been uploaded to the server, but it fixed the issue.

Thanks,

Beth

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Marc_Kuipers
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hello Beth

On a server side refresh, you need to check the datasource name of the chapter(s)

For example:

The config20.xml file used is on the application server

Path: C:\inetpub\wwwroot\SAP\SAP Disclosure Management\Data\Config\config20.xml

Check this file. Each datasource name referenced in the chapter (first screenshot) needs to be defined in the file

Thanks

Marc