cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mb51 with movement type 261 not showing cost center because the business wants to see which cost center is the cost going

Former Member
0 Kudos

when we run mb51 with movement type 261 , the cost center center column is not bringing out data but empty column and the company wants to know the cost center the cost is going to. Better still is there a report that we can run with mvt 261 and which will bring out the cost center. Please help

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

As I understand there will not be a cost center you are looking for as You have issued materials against an Order. As you might be aware Goods are issued against a cost object . ie. either Process/production order, maintenance order, directly against a cost center and so on.

There will be cost center mapped to your  consumption cost element which will not be specific to that consumption alone as same element is assigned to multiple cost centers/business area. These type of Cost elements are statistical in nature and are used only for reporting not for actual settlement of orders by Finance/Costing.

For your activity of issuing material against maintenance order you/Finance have to settle the cost against the Order only & not against any cost center. You can provide the list of orders to them for their consumption analysis just like any cost center.

BR

Sam

former_member183529
Participant
0 Kudos

Good morning Olawunmi,

If i got you clearly you ran a report using the Tcode MB51, and you wondering that you can't find the the cost center. if i goods issue was done without filling a cost center. you would not find any cost center.

Furthermore if you done MIGO transaction, that is Good receipt,  and the good receipt you did was referenced from the PO, you maybe able to track the cost center there. Again let me remind you that if your PO did not carry an Account assignment you would not be able to track any cost center.

Hope this help you  Olawunmi...

Kind regards

Oruade Tega

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Why should there be a cost center for the 261 movement? Did you enter it, do you see it in MIGO?

Also click the Action icon on top right and then open your Notification tab. There is a message for you which have no read.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jürgen,

Thanks for the response and clarification., But please when we do goods issue against a maintenance order , which tcode can I use to get a list of the maintenance order and where the costs is been settled to.

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Regarding maintenance orders you should post in the EAM space, regarding costing reports in Controlling space.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Jurgen