cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Kapsel Logon deleteRegistration client only?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi SMP and Kapsel experts,

Does anyone know of a way to delete the registration on the device without also attempting to delete the registration from the server?

We are encountering some scenarios where the registration needs to be deleted and deleting it on the server is not possible.

The main scenarios are:

1. The server has changed and the old one is unreachable.

2. The user has changed and the old user's password is no longer valid so the unregister can't succeed.

We're currently detecting these scenarios and showing a message to the user to delete the app and reinstall. This is not an ideal handling of these scenarios.

P.S. What's the best way to submit a Kapsel feature request or a bug?

Thanks!

Ryan

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

former_member190010
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ryan,

I know that the Kapsel logon plugin saves the registration ID internally, so I would try to clear the browser cache. If it doesn't work, I would try clearing the Local Storage memory.

One of that two ways should work.

Hope this helps.

Best Regards,

Emanuel

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Emanuel,

Thanks for your response. However neither of those would affect Kapsel's internal storage which is not part of the browser, but rather Kapsel specific native storage (DataVault file I believe but I'm not 100% on that) which is accessible through the Cordova JS-native bridge and the APIs provided by Kapsel.

Ryan

former_member190010
Contributor
0 Kudos

Ryan,

Then, I think there are two possible solutions:

1) Design a custom cordova plugin to delete the native cache.

See the following post:

How to build cordova plugin: GitHub - don/cordova-plugin-hello: Sample Hello World Cordova Plugin

How to clear native cache: http://stackoverflow.com/questions/6898090/how-to-clear-cache-android

2) Debug the code of the Kapsel plugin, and modify it in order to do whatever you want.

I would suggest to follow approach number 1.

Hope this helps.

Best Regards,

Emanuel

Dan_vL
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

I believe you can choose the Forgot Application Passcode button if you have enabled the passcode feature.

If not, you can call the API sap.Logon.core.reset().

Note, the SMP 3.0 SP 10 server added a new feature where you can specify that if an application connection has been dormant for a certain period, it will be deleted by the SMP server.

I believe the checkbox in the UI is labeled as Automatic removal.

Regards,

Dan van Leeuwen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Daniel,

Unfortunately we have passcode disabled.

I tried sap.Logon.core.reset() previously but it didn't work to clear out the previously stored registration info.

Thanks for the details on the server feature. That will be helpful, although it doesn't quite solve this issue.

It sounds like we have no choice but to ask the users to uninstall and reinstall the application when we change hostnames. It is unfortunate that the registration is so tightly coupled to the hostname.

Ryan

Dan_vL
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Reset worked for me.  What version of the Kapsel SDK are you using?  What platform are you running on (Android, iOS, Windows).

Regards,

Dan van Leeuwen

Kevin_SAP
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

You may want to post your question here .

Regards,

Kevin