cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BPC 7.5 Web client missing Interface icons

Former Member
0 Kudos

On the Planning and Consolidation web client page located at http://servername/osoft, the 3 interface icon's are missing for Excel, Word, and PowerPoint. For the clients that access the page without those icons, it also causes the client software installation to fail.

From what I can tell, it is missing on Windows 10 machines, however, I have found them to be missing when accessing from a Windows 7 machine as well. I have tested on a Windows 8.1 machine without issue.

I have allowed Active X prompts and tried the lowest possible local intranet security settings for testing.

Any advise on what would cause these icons to go missing? Attached is a photo of the icon's I am talking about.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

chuan_ding
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Scott

First, you need to make sure BPC 7.5 client(admin & office) is installed on the machine.

If so, you may reset the setting of your IE browser and then access BPC web client again,

the popup window below should appear and you need to click Run Add-on.

Also, you should see the add-on below in Manage Add-ons

By the way, which SP of BPC 7.5 NW are you using now?

Best regards,

Chuan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you for the reply Chuan.

I am unable to install the Client software (or admin software) on this machine as well. I have noticed that on machines that do not display the 3 icons, the BPC site will not allow us to install the client or admin software.

Office 2007 is installed on the machine.

Message when trying to install Admin software:

Message when trying to install Client software:

Here are the diagnostic results:

I have attempted to reset IE and enabled activex prompts.

I am not able to see which SP version we are on of BPC 7.5. On the server, it only shows me which version (7.5.103).

chuan_ding
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Scott

Are you using BPC NetWeaver(NW) version or Microsoft(MS) version?

From the screenshots you provided, you are using BPC MS version and 7.5.103 means SP02 for MS version. Note that here are the discussions for NW version.

However, the installation of BPC client are basically the same for NW and MS 7.5 version.

The 3 icons doesn't appear because BPC client is not installed on that machine,

For MS version, I suggest you find the installation file from the server(see the patch below)

C:\PC_MS\Websrvr\Web\Installation

- EverestAdmin.exe

- EverestClient.exe

and then run it on that machine directly.

Moreover, you should be aware of the following:

- 7.5.103(SP02) is not recommended becasue it is very old.(the lastest one is SP11)

- Windows 8.X and 10 are not officially supported for BPC 7.5 MS.

- Note 2093662 - BPC MS 7.0/7.5/10.0 Compatibility View Settings in IE10 and IE 11

Best regards,

Chuan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you Chuan. Installing it manually on the machine directly corrected the issue.

Have a nice day,

Scott

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member186338
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Scott,

What Internet browser is used? And please show the screenshot with missing icons...

Vadim

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello, the screenshot is attached to my post. I will attach it again here for you to see. If you cannot see the screenshot, I have hosted it here: http://goo.gl/RfEF7X

The machine that is unable to view the three icons is on IE11. However, we have multiple machines on IE11 that are able to display the icons.

former_member186338
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I see all required icons on your screenshots, I want to see the screenshot without icons!

Have you enabled compatibility mode for IE for the BPC server?

Vadim

former_member186338
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Vadim

Former Member
0 Kudos

Here is a screenshot of the client missing the icons.

And yes, I have enabled compatibility view for the bpc server on the client, no change.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes, I have added the bpc server in the compatibility view on the client which did not help.