cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MIGO_TR - Batch number mandatory

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Experts,

We are using MIGO_TR (Mvt 301) for plant to plant stock transfer with batch managed material.

While posting the document system asks Batch number as mandatory with Error Message "M7 018: Enter batch number".

We checked in OMCQ & this message is not customizable. Our business requirement is to make this message as warnig message.

Following activities we performed:-

1) Implemented SAP Note 1505801 - Making message M7 018 customizable.

2) Made Batch as optional field in OMJJ for Mvt Type 301.

But still error message remains.

Anyone has any idea how can we go ahead about this?

Regards

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

former_member615265
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have the same problem here, but instead I'm using VLMOVE with moviment type 311, to perform a transfer from a MM storg. loc. to a EWM strog. loc. without informing the batch when creating the Inbound Delivery from VLMOVE.

When I perform the GR on EWM side the queue gets stuck in SMQ2 on ERP side asking for the batch, but it was informed in EWM and the queue have the batch information.

Did anyone find a solution for this?

Prasoon
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

If the batch is not maintained, how the system knows which batch has to be issued from the supplying plant and to be received in receiving plant! As of my knowledge, there is no logic / option to post goods movement for a batch managed material without entering batch!

As of my understanding, the mentioned note 1505801 is applicable only for production order confirmation, not for any other goods movements.

Regards,

AKPT

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Prasoon,

Lets take Sales scenario.

Sales Order created---- Outbound Delivery created without batch ---- Delivery distributed to EWM ----

Goods Issue done in EWM by assigning batch ---- Delivery comes back in ECC & updates Batch on delivery.--- Works perfectly fine.

So for Receiving we want to follow same route.

Inbound Delivery created for without batch ---- Delivery distributed to EWM ---- oods Receipt done by entering batch number in EWM - Delivery comes back in ECC & updates Batch on delivery - This does not work.

Or is it way too out of logic?

Regards

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

This OSS note has nothing to do with MIGO and your business case.

If a material is batch managed then you cannot do a transfer posting without batch, What do you try to achieve with this idea?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jurgen,

Thanks for your reply.

We have EWM warehouse in picture. So MIGO_TR creates Inbound delivery for EWM to receive Material from ECC plant.

Business wants delivery should be created without batch & once batch number gets updated on delivery in EWM, same will get updated in ECC side (just the way it works for Sales Order & OBD).

Regards

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

but with an outbound delivery the movement happens after picking with goods issue.

In this case you start with the movement in MM, you cannot have a MM movement without batch if the material is batch managed.

The OSS note is related to order settlement, where such items without batch number are parked and not posted until they are completed.

You need to do UB stock transport orders with delivery, you can't use the pure MM transfer from plant to plant for your requirement

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes Jurgen. I guess that's the reason.

Instead of MIGO_TR where Material document gets posted immediately, we should use STO way for stock transfer.

Thanks for your help.

Regards