cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Extract Message log Description from Decentralized AE

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I am trying to extract message log Description for particular messages with respect to message id(using UDF).Currently my code is extracting message logs only for AAE message id's but not for Decentralized AE message id.Please suggest some ideas?

Regards,

Priya

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

vadimklimov
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Priya,

Even though technically possible (as described by Raghuraman in his replies), direct access to database layer of PI/PO system is not common best practice and shall be avoided and replaced with corresponding API calls where possible. Only in case there is specific technical requirement or unavailability of application level functions that can retrieve required data from PI/PO standard database tables, shall one implement direct database calls (especially if you plan to use this solution in production mode). To fulfil your enquiry, there is a standard SOAP based web service AdapterMessageMonitoringVi that is shipped as a part of Advanced Adapter Engine (which means, can be found in both central and non-central AAEs) and exposes necessary operations (like searching for messages, retrieving message data, etc.).

In a thread , you may find similar question and recommendations provided for it.

More details on the described service can be found in blogs and .

Regards,

Vadim

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vadim,

Thanks for the response. I am using AdapterMessageMonitoringVi in UDF to extract the message details . But unable to fetch Decentralized message details.

Regards,

Priya

vadimklimov
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Priya,

Well, I used this web service successfully for central and non-central Advanced Adapter Engines... Can you please check following points:

• Does the endpoint of a service that you call from UDF correspond to ncAAE and not central AAE? Since every AAE uses its own database for persistence of messages, messages processed by ncAAE will not be found if a web service is called on central AAE.
  • Do messages exist in ncAAE? For example, can you find a sample such message using Message Monitoring?
  • Were messages archived? If so, then you shall enable search in archives (a checkbox / boolean value in a request message) - by default, a web service will only search for messages in online database.

Regards,

Vadim

former_member186851
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

Messages will be stored in the below tables

XI_AF_MSG

XI_AF_MSG_AUDIT

You can try making a DB call and extract data from the tables.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Raghuraman,

Thanks for the response. As my code is working for AAE messages I would like to debug the same code for DAE messages. Is there any Speacial binding should be there to extract DAE message logs into UDF?

Regards,

Priya

former_member186851
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Azhaga,

If you wish to get those table value you can use a JDBC adapter.