Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Table logging for a single table

TimMuchena
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi

Is there a way to achieve table logging for a single table without logging for other tables that are enabled for logging

Kind regards

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Jelena
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Is it a standard table or a custom one?

TimMuchena
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Jelena

Its a standard table.

Thank you

Jelena
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Is the table name a secret? And why do you need it?

I find it hard to imagine what standard table anyone would possibly need this for. If it's a customizing table then you'd have changes in the transports. If it's master data or transactional data then you'd have the change documents for relevant changes.

This suspiciously looks like one of those "requirements" from paranoid yet clueless management.

TimMuchena
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Jelena

The table name is not a secret, You didnt ask for the table name. It is definitely not one of those requirements.

Regards

Laszlo_B
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Eli,

you can enable the logging of a single table in transaction SE11 -> open a table for change -> select button "Technival Settings" -> select checkbox "Log data changes".

Use the F1 help of "Log data changes" for information how this function works.

Best regards,

Laszlo

TimMuchena
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Laszlo

I know what you have suggested. My requirement is only to log for a specific table NOT all tables with "Log data changes" enabled. My understanding is that table logging is a system function and once activated it causes all the "Log data changes" enabled tables to log changes...thats what I am trying to avoid.

Correct me if I am wrong

Kind regards

Laszlo_B
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Eli,

I'm not sure whether I correctly understand the requirement: is an "alternative" table logging required?

For example: if this alternative table logging would be enabled, then its logs would be needed to be found among other alternative logs?

Anyway, to answer the question: no, I don't know about an alternative method in R/3.

Perhaps you can check the database software whether it contains tools for this.

Best regards,

Laszlo

TimMuchena
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Laszlo

Thank you