cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Query on Validation against Plant and Tax Jurisdiction

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am new to SAP MM Functional part and currently was creating some POs in the Development for testing purpose. Plant was selected for CHENNAI and by mistake I took Tax Jurisdiction for MAHARASHTRA. But the system accepted it and PO was created.

My question is how that happened? As far as I know Tax Code is assigned to Company Code but I dont think this is the only reason behind this?

Could some one explain me in detail?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

BijayKumarBarik
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Why Tax Jurisdiction not assigned to plant in t.code:OX10.

Check how tax code created in FTXP.

Regards,

Biju K

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bijay,

Thnks for ur reply. I will try to find out the details via T.codes as mentioned by you. However, could you pls explain like say in a country if I take any one Plant of a state and Jurisdiction of any other state, then why system doesn't show any error and PO gets executed?

Is it because tax jurisdiction assigned to company code? and no plant assignment reqd to company code?

BijayKumarBarik
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Why and how system show error- Did you provide any validation on tax jurisdiction code and plant with different state?

Regards,

Biju K

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

No I didn't provide any validation on tax jurisdiction code. I had plant belonging to different state and I had chosen Tax Jurisdiction Code of another state.

I would just like to know why the system accepts tax jurisdiction code of any state while executing PO and not to one particular state same as that place which is maintained in Plant.

Is it because that plant is not validated to that particular jurisdiction code????

Thanks & regards,

Renu

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

How shall SAP know that a tax jurisdiction 12345 is only allowed in MAHARASHTRA and not for CHENNAI? Technically it is just a number.

If there is no table where you can maintain jurisdiction codes by state then any jurisdiction code  in the jurisdiction code table is a valid jurisdiction code.

Not sure which table you use in India, but one of the tables is for example TTXJ where the possible jurisdiction codes are only assigned to a tax schema. If all states use the same tax schema, then you can enter any of the codes that you can see in TTXJ table.

Why do you enter it at all manually in the purchase order? If you enter the jurisdiction code in the plant customizing then you don't have to enter it in the PO manually

Former Member
0 Kudos

Okay...now I got it cleared. Thanks buddy.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jurgen,

I tried to maintain Tax Jurisdiction under Customizing Plant (T.Code:OX10) but the Tax Jurisdiction part is in grey which means you cannot enter the tax jurisdiction.

Could you please tell me why this happened?