cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Storage Bin maintenance without WM module

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I would like to check if using a different classification (not batch classification) would i be able to trigger it during MIGO?

The purpose is for me to maintain storage bins without using the WM module.

Thanks.

Regards,

Sue

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

What other classification? What do you want to classify? the material document?

And where do you expect then to see the bin with the stock information?

if you do not want WM  then you can only have 1 single bin per material.

If this material is stored in more than 1 bin then it will not work at all without WM, except you create storage locations for each bin.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jürgen L,

The material is kept in many bins. The idea is to maintain the Bin characteristics in a class which would be able to trigger during MIGO. Therefore when there's goods movement we would be able to update the Bin in the classification. A customised report would have to be developed to cater for the material/bin/stock info.

Currently im only aware of the Batch classification which its already in use. Would creating a new class mirroring the Batch class work? Therefore for eg, when performing MIGO we would be able to select either one classification?

Just throwing ideas here to find a workable solution without WM.

Thank you.

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

multiple batch classification is not possible, SAP explains the reason in OSS Note 115581 - No multiple classification for batches.

And I can not imagine any other object that could be used for classification to have information on current stock and where it is.

Even the batch classification would only work for batch managed material

Answers (0)