cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Subcontracting without Purchase Order

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am having the requirement to assemble two products and to make it one without

Purchase order(subcontracting PO).How can i achieve it through movement type??

I tried it through 541 but it need PO no ..

Thanks

-------

Tilak

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi Tilak,

You want to assemble two to three materials which will manufactured in house then you can convert it into a Finished product by maintaining the BOM

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Revs M ,

Can you elaborate how this will work in detail. A BOM is just masterdata, it does nothing by its own.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jugren,

after maintaining the BOM if the raw materials are manufactured in house then We will maintain routing and We will create work center and we will further can process with production order.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi tilak,

You will be assembling the same products in house or you want it to send it to Vendor??

what is your exact requirement??

Former Member
0 Kudos

In house assembling ....

Former Member
0 Kudos

In house assembling in where two or more material of different quantity will be merged and form a new product ...

------

Tilak

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

There is no pure inventory management subcontracting.

You either need to use production/process orders or you have to have a purchase order for subcontracting.

if the output is equal the input, and the base unit of measure equals between all components and the assembled material, then you can use movement type 309 to move the components quantity to the assembled material.  Which still will not get any costs for the assembling itself.

If your units are different, or input quantity is different from output, then you can only goods issue to components to cost center with 201 movement and do a 202 movement for the assembled material. you may need to do the cost calculation in Excel and enter it as external value in the 202 movement, otherwise you would just post the 202 movement with the price that is in your material master and would leave a difference at the cost center.