cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re-open Rebate Agreement from status "C"

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey experts,

I was not able to find an answer to my question so I am creating a new thread.

A rebate agreement was deleted by mistake which set the agreement status to "C". As there are unsettled accruals on the G/L accounts, we need it to be re-opened. The aim is to cancel these accruals in full as meanwhile a new Rebate Agreement was created.

The usual answer to similar questions on SAP forums is - cancel the Credit Memo Request. But in our case, no credit memo was created! There is nothing showing in the Rebate Payments section (no document / final settlement was created).

Is there any way to set the status back to "open" or "B" in order to be able to cancel the accruals created by this Rebate Agreement? See the printsreen below and thanks in advance for your advice!

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member182378
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Stepan,

You want to cancel the accruals posted in the G/L accounts, therefore you want to re-open a deleted rebate agreement type. How exactly will you cancel the accruals? After deleting the rebate agreement no. all the accruals are deleted, not present.

Check again whether a credit memo request exists, created automatically by SAP for final settlement. This is the standard behavior of SAP, and it happens automatically in the background.

As a test, in your system create a rebate agreement, put in some accrual (minimum amount) by manual accrual order and billing document. Then delete the agreement, is a credit memo request created automatically?

Keep the rebate agreement type and master data (rebate recipient, validity date, payment method etc.) the same in the test.

added: I haven't seen business deleting rebate agreement nos. In case they don't use an agreement, it just stays open.

Your business wants to create a new rebate agreement number and then put in the accruals, how are they planning to do that? What about the billing documents which were automatically "included" in the deleted rebate agreement?

TW

Message was edited by: TW Typewriter

Message was edited by: TW Typewriter

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi again,

When re-opened, I would create a manual reverse accrual (via settlement material). Accruals created by this Agreement are no longer required since a new Agreement was created. The original billing documents now include the original accruals + a new Accounting document related to the new Agreement's accruals.

I checked and really couldn't find any Credit memo (see the printscreen bottom comment). The Agreement was deleted without any settlement, therefore all accruals remain opened in G/L.

In fact, the company doesn't use final settlements. After all credit memos have been issued, an Agreement remains in status "B" and accruals are netted manually.

I will simulate the same situation in test as you suggest.

Thanks,

Stepan

former_member182378
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Stepan,

The company does not use final settlement.

This is interesting! Do you know why it doesnot? Is this for all its customers? In what business is this company? In the configuration of rebate agreement, in the field final settlement order type what is setup (B1 or blank or)?

TW

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

siva_vasireddy2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

if the Agreement is deleted you can create new agreement in the past date.

former_member182378
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Stepan,

When a rebate agreement number is deleted, a rebate credit memo for final settlement is created automatically and the status of the agreement changes to C.

Before deleting the agreement, SAP informs that the accruals in the agreement will be deleted and cannot be retrieved.

Furthermore, when agreement is deleted, the final settlement credit memo request and the credit memo, reverse the accruals. and the payment to customer is 0. This way of final settlement will take care of reversing the accruals in G/L accounts. So you don't need to take any extra step.

Santosh is correct in his observation.

TW

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi TW Typewriter,

our SAP is not behaving in a standard way. After the deletion of the Agreement, the status changed to "C" but no credit memo was created. If it was I would surely try to cancel it before coming to SCN. Or, if there was a settlement created I cannot see it from the Rebate agreement and I don't know where else to look for it.

Stepan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Stepan

Please go to Rebate payments --> Payment documents . Take the credit note number by which settlement was created .

Delete the Credit Note . Rebate agreement status will change to "B" .

Let me know if you need more help.

Regards ,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Santosh,

thanks for your advice but I cannot access the Rebate Payments as shown in the printscreen - there was no credit note created.

Stepan