cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Business Partners Usage on Functional Location in PM module

0 Kudos

Could some one please help me by explaining how on assigning the Partner Type (user/ contact person/ organisation name/..etc) to the Partner Function in PM configuration will enable the list of values (users/ contact persons/ organisation names/etc) to be available against the Partner Function?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Harish,

try VOP2

0 Kudos

Hi Saurabh,

Thank you. I am familiar with VOP2. My question refers, once on configuration in VOP2, how does it works?

How all these values (users/contact persons/organisation names etc) are defined so that they are available as Business Partner values against Partner Functions ?

Regards,

Varma.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Harish,

You define a Partner Determination Procedure and assign these Partner functions to the procedure. Then you can define this Partner Determination Procedure to FL category, Equipment Category, Order Type and Notification Type in Config.

Is this what you want?

0 Kudos

Hi Saurabh,

I knew the above steps. Sorry if my earlier message is not comprehensible.

I am referring here, for example I have defined partner determined procedure (say defined for FL category) , after which we define the partner function and assign partner type ( user/contact persons/organisation names etc) in the configuration.

Now I will be able to use partner type (user/contact person/organisation names etc)  against the partner function on a particular FL.

My question is, for example, I have an SAP User Raju, how to assign Raju as business partner with partner type User?

Thanks

Harish Varma.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Harish,

Am really not sure what is your requirement here....but as I understand ...SAP has some standard Partner Types....

• Customer
  • Contact person
  • Vendor
  • User
  • Personnel number
  • Organizational unit
  • Position

When we create a partner function, we define a partner type for that Partner Function....

The search for this partner is basically based on the partner type...which is already a standard SAP thing...for eg...if we assign a partner function with type lets say Vendor...it automatically searched for the vendor masters created...

Similar is for Users, Positions, Org Units which are created by HR...

In PM, I don't see any need to assign anything else specifically...

This is my understanding...Pls. feel free to correct me if needed...and lets wait for other experts too for their comments on this...

Thanks,

Saurabh. 

0 Kudos

Hi Saurabh,

Thanks for the clarifications. I understood it is a standard SAP thing and agree with you that there is no need to assign anything specifically.

Thanks & Regards,

Harish Varma.

Answers (0)