Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Report not summing by group correctly

kinyanjui_kamau
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello,

I have this Crystal Report whereby I am trying to sum values (summary) by group. The groups are as follows:

The first summation is by the group FatherNum. Without grouping, the results are like this:

This means that the 1st result of the summation by FatherNum should be 568322.78. That is (367,764.23 - 69,441.45)

I have tried to put the summary by right clicking the amount field, inserting summary and setting summary location as FatherNum. I have also tried using a formula: sum({CashFlow.Amount-USD},{CashFlow.FatherNum(1)})

I however get these results:

How do I solve this problem?

Any help appreciated.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

abhilash_kumar
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Kinyanjui,

Let's get the summaries out of the way for a moment. Does the report correctly group by the 'Fathernum' field?

After you insert the fathernum group, do you see two records for 111100?

-Abhilash

kinyanjui_kamau
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Abhilash,

When I just group by fathernum, yes there are only two records for 111100. However the amount field changes and is incorrect until I add the other groups.

Regards,

abhilash_kumar
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Would you be able to send me a copy of the .rpt file with saved data please?

-Abhilash

kinyanjui_kamau
Participant
0 Kudos

How do I send it?

abhilash_kumar
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You may send it to my e-mail (the address is my profile).

-Abhilash

abhilash_kumar
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Kinyanjui,

The reason those two values don't sum up is because they belong to different 'SAP Codes' which is your first group!

If FatherNum was the first group, those two values should appear together and hence should be sum-able.

-Abhilash

Answers (0)