Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Generic datasource can't update in infosource

former_member254358
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

I've a generic datasource with delta update activated and, the field for delta is 0calday.

The problem is that when in BW I try to update with delta infopackage it doesn't allow me because "datasource can't update in infosource". Looking the "Performance assistant" it suggesto to me using an ODS.

My question is, is it really necessary to use and ODS? isn't it possible to load directly to an infosource?

Thanks a lot.

Regards.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

sander_vanwilligen
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi David,

An InfoSource is a structure, it is not a persistent data staging object like a DSO or an InfoCube. So from that perspective you can use it as an intermediate object during data staging but not for the final data staging. I suggest to use e.g. a DSO for data staging.

If this does not solve your problem, please supply more details. E.g. the detailed error message, which data staging technology you are using (3.x or 7.0), a description or screenshot of the data flow, how the DataSource looks like and which delta method is set, etc.

Best regards,

Sander

former_member254358
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks a lot fixed with an ODS.

Regards.

former_member254358
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

now I load data into datastore. From the datastore to the infocube I've an update rule but the load stops in datastore because it seems that I need to activate data in datastore.

How can I do to load data in infocube directly?

Is it necessary to do this with a job?

Thanks again.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member976
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

HI,

info source is the logical object, we combine the all objects (source and target) make as once object.

it is not contain any data like PSA and DSO.it does not contain data.

you can create the direct dso and cube.

below like this your flow.

1.data source -> transformation -> dso-> cube

2. data source -> info source -> transformation -> dso-> cube.

Thanks,

Phani.

former_member254358
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks Phani,

it's clear.

former_member254358
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Phani,

my are loaded in the datastore but I don't get to load them in the infocube.

How can I load data directly in the infocube?

With a job?

Thanks a lot.

former_member202718
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi David,

DSO is used for Staging and if you dont require it then you can load it to Cube Directly....However as per LSA ,its better to have DSO at Staging layer...

Activate the Data in DSO-Staging layer...and  do the Mapping of InfoObjects from Source to Target...in transformation or Update Rules...and then the Activated Data can be loaded to Cube.

To Load the data create a DTP to Load the Data.

Let us know what error you are getting.....or give more Details on why you are not getting any Data in the Cube when you have Data in DSO.

regards

SVU

Former Member
0 Kudos

if you are using standard dso, have you activate the data first? if yes, then did you execute dtp (dso-->cube) ?

former_member254358
Participant
0 Kudos

In case I'm using 3.x, how can I execute dso-->cube?......  in a job?

Former Member
0 Kudos

you can run infopackage

former_member254358
Participant
0 Kudos

I run the infopackage an data are uploaded fine to the DSO but don't arrive to the infocube.

I've an update rule between DSO and in infocube DSO-->Infocube

This is my question, how can I load data to the infocube without using DTP?

Thanks.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Lookalike you are already in7.xversion .. But just this data flow which you are working with seems to be still in 3.x..

you can create transfermation  migrating update rules ..then create dtp to pull records from dso to cube .

or simply create new transformation between dso and cube followedby dtp .. Later you can delete update rules ..

former_member254358
Participant
0 Kudos

Reading further information it's possible to activate DSO in process chain and later upload in cube.

I'm trying to do this although it's asking me a variant for ODS and now it doesn't allow me to create the variant for the ODS.

Please help....

Thanks .

Former Member
0 Kudos

David,

if your data flow is in  datasource -->DSO -->Cube

since you mentioned, you already loaded data upto dso (i am assuming it is in 7.x flow)

and from dso to cube -->before jumping to process chain, have you created transformation and dtp between dso and cube? if yes, then your process chain should be like this

start--> delete index for cube-->infopackage -->dtp from psa to dso-->activate dso-->dtp from dso to cube-->create dtp index

Note: you only need to create two variants , one for start and another one for delete/create index..

former_member202718
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi David,

Are you on 3.X or 7.X ??

Infosource is used for assignments and for InfoObject Mapping and Infosource does not store any Data Whereas DSO stores Data.

So the Data flow has to be,

Datasource->Transformation->DSO

So the Data flow can also to be,

Datasource1->Infosource1->Transformation1->DSO1

Datasource1->Infosource2->Transformation2->DSO1/DSO2

Hope the above Data Flow is clear,based on this Explain your Scenario..based on that we can give more solutions..

regards

SVU

former_member254358
Participant
0 Kudos

Your example is very clear.

Thanks for your help.

former_member254358
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

my load stops in the datastore but, it doesn't keep on until the infocube where I've an update rule to load from datastore to the infocube?

How can I load directly to the infocube?

Thanks.