Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Serial Number - Number Range

former_member209175
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Team,

I am listing the serial number details in IQ03 as below. The serial numbers are listed as 1, 2, 3,.........23 etc.  I am checking in SNRO for the object /EACC/SERI, I did not maintain any number range (refer below screen shot). Could anyone guide me in which t.code the number range for serial numbers are maintained?

IQ03:

SNRO:

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

jogeswararao_kavala
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

There is no NUMBER RANGE provision for Serial numbers. IT starts from 1 and continues by incrementing by 1. You have a user exit, if you want to configure some automatic (Alphanumeric according to your logic). It is IQSM0001 .

Good luck

KJogeswaraRao

former_member209175
Participant
0 Kudos

HI

then shal I understand as "serial numbers are at client level"?  That means if one serial number is created for one plant the same serial number can not created in another plant. Is my understanding right?

thanks

jogeswararao_kavala
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

No Serial numbers are at Material level. Serial number repeats for each Material code.

former_member209175
Participant
0 Kudos

HI

Shall  I understand as below?

suppose assume that I have two plants namely P100 and P200. In P100 plant I have M1 and M2 materials and in P200 plant I have M3 materia. I am doing GR for M1 and during GR the serial number 1 is assigned. And if do GR for M2 the same seria number 1 assigned righ?  similarly if I do GR for M3 (plant p200) the same serial number 1 can assigned. Right?

thanks

jogeswararao_kavala
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Exactly !

• Thus, the unique Identification of a physical material is the Material code + the Serial number
  • This represents one Unique Equipment number, if one is created.
former_member209175
Participant
0 Kudos

HI

in the above example I have assigned serial number 1 to the physical material item M1 during GR. Can not reassign another serial number to the same physical material item M1 after some time?

jogeswararao_kavala
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You can assign different serial number not 1 again, But these questions are to do and experience. NOT TO LEARN LIKE THIS

former_member209175
Participant
0 Kudos

HI

my requirement is once the serial number has been assigned to one physical material item, the user should not able change it again.  How to controll this?

jogeswararao_kavala
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Explore enhancements.

By now you have deviated drastically from your original query.