cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fail to add Node to HistoryService

former_member204733
Participant
0 Kudos

We are receiving an error in our SAP Enterprise Portal 7.4 (NWA) log.    Its says

Fail to add Node to HistoryService

[Exception]

java.lang.RuntimeException: Secuirty error: failed to validate parameter window ID :

at com.sapportals.portal.navigation.HistoryService.validatewindowID(HistoryService.java:464)

at com.sapportals.portal.navigation.HistoryService.addNavNode(HistoryService.java:291)

at com.sapportals.portal.navigation.HistoryService.addNavNode(HistoryService.java:391)

etc.

I don't know what this means.

Or what we should do to stop it "trying" to make a HistoryService..

Or what security to add to allow it to have a HistoryService?

We are running a single node in the portal. And it is in a DMZ part of the network, so lots of restrictions around it, but this message still means nothing to me.

Ruth Jones

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Ruth,

We have this error since a recent upgrade. Did you resolve it?

Thank you and regards,

Ruben.

nickrankin
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ruth,

Is this error happening when using any Portal application in particular? If it is what application are you calling? Are there any Runtime errors occurring under the Portal when this exception is thrown?

Does the problem only occur when calling the Portal using a certain method (e.g: browser favourite.)

Best regards,

Nick

former_member204733
Participant
0 Kudos

Good questions, not sure I know the answers. 

I checked today.  these appear on the defaulttrace log in our production system.   there were 2,  a half hour apart, different users.  When I go to the main log viewer, both those users show with a successful login that then got the error message, followed by a log out, and another log in. All within just a few seconds.

They are external users of our system, from the internet, and would (should) have logged on via a front end .net portal and followed a link to our portal. 

both have a smaller number of roles in the system, so maybe missing some security?

or could this mean they had tired to SAVE a link to the site with browser history of some type ?

I have not had any reports from the business support team of this error, but then.. it may correct itself quickly and the user hardly notice.  I just saw the errors in the log.  (but I will share that possibility and see if they have any symptoms like that, or if I can recreate it.

Ruth

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ruth,

Please go through sap note

1910712 - Adding link for portal iView directly to IE browser favorites is not working

If that helps?

Regards,

Prithviraj.