cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"Size Limit of Result Set Exceeded"error message (Analysis for MS)

probledo
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Gurus, i need your help.

I have this error "Size Limit of Result Set Exceeded"

I made several adjustments:

1. Increase the size limit within SAP BW (IMAGE 1)
  2. In order to use the above RSADMIN setting in the BW System, the (local) client PC registry parameter ResultSetSizeLimit should be set to -1 (IMAGE 2 )
  3. I check for the RSRT (IMAGE 3) and review it the maximun numbers or cells (IMAGE 3)

I read several forums, but can not find additional issues to validate. Is there any other aspect that is needed in order to adjust the report to show me 937,536 cells?

thank you very much for your help.

Pablo.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

TammyPowlas
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Some questions:

Which version of Excel are you using - 2007, 2010, 2013 or?

Which version of Analysis Office are you using?

Do you have enough memory on your machine for such an operation?

probledo
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Tammy

Thanks for your response.

My Answers:

Which version of Excel are you using - 2007, 2010, 2013 or?

Excel 2013

Which version of Analysis Office are you using?

Analysis MS 2.2

Do you have enough memory on your machine for such an operation?

My PC has 8 Gb (RAM)

Additionally i checked  the current parameters related with the memory.

Profile parameters  for SAP Buffers (SAP BW Server):

Generic key table buffer TABL.

zcsa/table_buffer_area  96000000     Byte Size of generic key table buffer

zcsa/db_max_buftab     22500         Max. number of buffered objects

Also i saw this wiki, but found that the parameters of Front End Requirements are met and Memory Consumption.

Analysis for Office Result Limit and Memory Consumption - SAP NetWeaver Business Warehouse - SCN Wik...

Thank you very much for the help you can give me!!

Pablo.

TammyPowlas
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Pablo,

See SAP Note: http://service.sap.com/sap/support/notes/1729141

It states "

in the front end, in a 32 Bit environment a process can allocate a maximum of approximately 2 gigabytes (GB). The .NET framework itself has an overhead of 600-800 megabytes (MB). So the maximum memory allocation of the excel.exe process is approximately 1,2 (GB) before getting an out of memory exception on the front end.

In this case, reduce the number of cells to be displayed or the complexity of the query.

The following characteristics of a query and the result set could have a negative impact to the memory consumption:

- number of attributes

- active list calculation

- activated input ready cells for a planning scenario

- number of member presentations (key / text)

- hierarchies

If you want to allocate more than the described maximum amount of memory in the 32 Bit environment, you can use the 64 Bit version of MS Office and the 64 Bit version of Analysis, edition for MS Office."

Are you using 32 bit Office or 64 bit?  If it is 32 bit, you may be limited in what you can do.

former_member198454
Participant
0 Kudos

Pablo, I agree with Tammy. We have tested both the 32 and 64 bit and find the 64 bit allows us to pull back more records than the 32 bit will allow. We were hopeful to have greater performance gains with 64 bit but our benchmarks didn't show large gains. However, we did discover the benefit of pulling back larger result sets.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

0 Kudos

Hi

For version 2.2 you can adjust settings per user or per machine, we opted for user.

The file ao_user_roaming.config is in the folder C:\users\<user id>\AppData\Roaming\SAP\COF

In that file you can make an entry - "<ResultSetSizeLimit value="-1" />"

The "-1" will use the value assigned to the BW system (4.1M cells for our implementation)

You can also just enter a value.("4100000")

This info is in the user guide pdf under settings.

Hope this helps.

John B.