cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What could cause the "Ok" and "Cancel" buttons on a parameter dialog box to not work?

Former Member
0 Kudos

My client is running a software called Halfile to run reports for his business. This software uses the "SAP Crystal Reports runtime engine for .Net Framework" to display and print the reports. When you attempt to print the report, you are given pop-up box asking for 2 different parameter inputs and provides an "OK" and "Cancel" button. No matter what you input, neither button does anything. It does not even provide an error message. The Halfile software is hosted from a separate server, but requires the Crystal Reports Runtime to be installed on each client machine. Everything works perfectly on the hosting server as well as all of the workstations. The only place we seem to be having the issue on, is the Terminal Server, which causing problem to the thin client users. We have uninstalled and reinstalled the Runtime and contacted the Support team for the Halfile program several times. They looked everything over and let us know that everything is working on their end. What would cause this to stop working over night with no changes to the machine?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Those were my suspicions as well. However, Halfile's support refused to troubleshoot the issue any further saying it was an issue with Crystal Reports. We performed an in-place upgrade of Windows Server to repair the OS. After doing that and reinstalling .Net Framework 4.5 and the CR runtime, it seems to be working again. I appreciate the responses all the same though. Thanks!

former_member183750
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

And I thank you for letting us know

Still, the response from Halfile was a bit lacking. It's like they put an engine into a car. Sealed the hood and you find it does not work. You go t them asking for help and they say' that's got nothing to do with us. Call the engine manufacturer.

My nickels' worth...

- Ludek

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member183750
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Scott

First I have to say that your client should be contacting "Halfile" for support as they are the only ones that have any ideas as to how the SDK was implemented.

Now, my suspicion given the behavior is that the code is not placing the report in session. What happens with the report is that if you hit any button on the viewer, this will cause a postback. Meaning the report goes out of scope, unless it was placed in session. So, a one page report with no parameters would work fine, but any other report will not work. And as soon as we star talking postbacks and sessions that indicates that Halfiledid not think of reports that may have parameters. This may have been done by design, or in error. Either way, if your client wants this to work, he will have to go to Halfile.

- Ludek

Senior Support Engineer Product Support, Global Support Center Canada

Follow me on Twitter

Got Enhancement ideas? Use the SAP Idea Place

0 Kudos

HI,

Is this problem occur with this particular parameter ?

Try making New parameter which takes only number.And Then try.

And Tell the result.