Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Manual freight Header condition - Copy Control Issue

kishorp
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello SAP SD Guru's

We have a freight condition created with below setup.

Condition Class ADiscount or Surcharge
Calculation type BFixed amount
Cond category FFreight
Manual EntriesBlankNo limitations
Group ConditionActive
Header CondActive
Item Cond Active
Amount/percentActive

When we enter the freight manually in the sales order header it gets distributed proportionately among the line items.

However when creating Invoice from order, the freight condition gets copied but the value against the freight condition is zero.

So we have Rs 20 as freight in order while its Rs0 in the invoice.

Can you please advise why freight is copied as zero in Invoice?

Quick inputs appreciated. Thanks!

PS - In copy control VTFA the pricing type is G. In billing item pricing analysis it shows "Condition has been found (without condition record)"

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

VeselinaPeykova
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I tried to reproduce your issue in an IDES sandbox, but I was not successful.

Do you have some scales, or some additional formula in the pricing procedure?

Or some user exit causing problems?

No idea...

I will share my settings, so that you can compare them:

I believe it is not the pricing type, that is causing problems (unless there is a user exit implemented which overrides the standard behavior).

It is normal to get in the pricing analysis screen "Condition has been found (without condition record)" if you have never maintained conditions in VK11, but the manual condition should get copied from the sales order with pricing type G.

If you have done exactly the same as me and still face a problem with a fixed value condition determined with zero value in the billing, try to perform analysis with transaction PRCAT - Analysis Tools Pricing. It is very well documented in SCN - just perform a search in the forum.

If you have difficulties understanding parts of the source code in a formula/user exit, I would suggest to ask a colleague from the development department to help you in the investigation.

kishorp
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks for your immediate response and detailed analysis, Veselina.

First of all congratulation on being chosen as the Member of the Month for Feb 2016.

1. The condition type you have set up is almost similar to ours. Only difference is the scale basis is B.

2. During our analysis we tried to create a new condition exactly similar to the one which has copying issues, and for that condition the copying is working fine.

3. When comparing both the condition types, i found that the earlier one has condition records maintained, while the later one(newly created) has no condition records. Although condition records which were maintained for the earlier condition type were not relevant for the order which i created.

Advise appreciated. Thanks

VeselinaPeykova
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hey, I remember you from one discussion about rounding .

No, I do not think that scale basis  = B would result in such behavior, unless you calculate scale base values with formula, which I understood you don't have.

If all other settings are identical, including the pricing procedure setup, then this means that no VOFM routine is causing that and the most likely reason would be custom coding in a user exit.

Especially the part with copying one condition to another and just maintaining a different name suggests that either a hard-coded value or a z-table is checked at some point...

But just in case I have missed something important, you can share screenshots from your order and billing document with details of the pricing condition similarly to how I did - so that the forum members can give you better ideas on troubleshooting.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

maintain the record in VK11

kishorp
Participant
0 Kudos

This is to be entered manually in order and has to be copied in billing

siva_vasireddy2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

can you specify the reason of doing Billing from Order instead Delivery

Try to use Pricing type as "D"

also check document pricing procedure is same both for billing type and order type

kishorp
Participant
0 Kudos

Doesnt work with pricing type D

Both order and invoice have the same pricing procedure