cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Storage location capacity exceed error at Goods receipt while using storage resource

0 Kudos

Hi,

I have assigned storage location xxxx to storage resource (Tank) which is merely used to storage purpose with 10KL capacity.

When I do a Goods receipt at storage location xxxx of quantity 11KL, i am not getting an message on capacity exceeded at sloc xxxx.

can you please help on this.

Thanks,

Anil

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

marianoc
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

In case you have APO, note that in APO you can manage capacity for your resources. In this case, move this thread to APO, since this is not a functionality of SAP PP or MM.

Otherwise, I would think you have a custom solution.. In this case you can debug the error or contact a tecnical person to do it.

Kind regards,

Mariano

Caetano
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hello and

I believe that he is using something called storage resouce (Storage Resources - Resource (PP-PI-MD) - SAP Library). This is a PP-PI functionality, where you can link a storage location to a resource.

There is a flag on the storage location table (T001L-XRESS), which tells the system that this is a storage resource, however, I don't think that this functionality is integrated with goods movements.

According to SAP Help (Intermediate Material Storage in Storage Resources - Master Recipes (PP-PI-MD) - SAP Library), this functionality was mainly designed to be used with PFS or any other external planning tool:

Stock and capacity data can be passed on to the Process Flow Scheduler (PFS) or several other planning tools via the POI interface (Production Optimization Interface) The planning tool can thus take the storage capacity and the stocks to be expected into account during capacity requirements planning.

BR
Caetano

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I saw this docu this morning after I discovered the fields in T001L table, but I still doubt that it will issue error messages for goods receipts.

Especially with tank trucks you post  receipts usually after unloading as there might be quantity differences, which means that the tank has already spilled 1 KL if one tries to receive 11 while the tank allows only 10. And waiting with posting of a receipt just because someone forgot to post an earlier goods issue does not look logical either.

Caetano
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

I don't think that there is any integration of this functionality with inventory management. I have posted my last answer before completing it by a mistake, so you may have missed part of it.

0 Kudos

Hi Caetano,

Can you please share more information on Production flow scheduler.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Where did you maintain a capacity for a storage location?

In standard SAP does such functionality not exist, if it exists in your system then contact your local IT department