Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SFTP to File Scenario without using ESR Objcts

former_member197830
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Everyone,

SFTP to File Scenarion without using ESR means We are directly placing SFTP Server location file to FTP location.

But We are getting problem IN Receiver (FTP Adapter) i.e,"Message processing failed. Cause: com.sap.engine.interfaces.messaging.api.exception.MessagingException: com.sap.exception.standard.SAPIllegalArgumentException: The parameter "argument" has the value "remote:///Praveen//*", so it contains the character "remote:///Praveen//*" which is not allowed"

I have checked user Adapter specific attributes also below are the snapshots.

Can any one help on above issue.

Thanks & Regards,

Narasaiah T.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

vicky20691
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Change directory name to \Praveen

Also, check in sender channel SFTP , if u are using ASMA then give file name as *. If there is no ASMA at the sender side, then use .* for wildcard as praveen suggested above.

Regards,

Vikas

former_member366655
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Vikas,

I have already checked ASMA as suggested in both Sender and Receiver Channel. Also , my scenario is to pick a file from SFTP and put it at NFS. So I have already given the path of NFS in my receiver Communication Channel , still the issue persists.

Thanks,

Vivek

vicky20691
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Vivek,

Did you try \Praveen\ in directory name, instead of /praveen/

former_member366655
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Narsaiah,

Was your issue resolved? I am facing the same issue. Please let me know.

Thanks,

Vivek Jain

former_member182412
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Narsaiah,

I guess you did not select File Name attribute of Adapter Specific Message Properties in sender channel that is why there is no File Name attribute in the message header and you configure receiver file name as '*' and the file name start with * is not allowed, so you are getting above error.

• I see there is no time out parameter set up in the channel, it is very important because if you have any connectivity problem the messages will be stuck in delivering state they will be cleared only when you restart the server, to avoid this you have to set the time out parameter.

• Better to configure connect mode as per file transfer and transfer mode as binary because there is no conversion.

• Enable check box Fail if Adapter specific message attributes missing option, then if the file name attribute not present in the message header then the message will fail with error saying file name attribute missing, this error is better than the error which you are getting.

Regards,

Praveen.

former_member186851
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Narasaiha,

Change the directory

\Praveen

It will work and make sur the directory exists in FTP.

former_member190284
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi

Can you check with the directory path,you have given in receiver channel?