Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ABAPer role in SAP EHS

sriram_korlepara
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Everyone,

Some urgent requirement that I got in my project

I have started this discussion after lot of search for this question in SCN.

I would like to know the responsibilities of ABAPer in EHS.I would like to know specifically what exactly the role of ABAP er in SAP EHS.

Can somebody please quote with examples/scenarios...Plz Don't provide answers briefly working on RICEF's,badi's etc or some links which does not provide me any clear idea.

Thanks in advance,

regards,

Sriram.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Mark-Pfister
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sriram,

Not sure what kind of answer you are expecting. They are basically doing the same then for any other SAP Module :

Adjust the system to the customer needs / wants - which depends on the customer and business

I'll give it a try anyway since I developed for SAP EHS Projects for over 10 Years.

A developers on an EH&S Project would most likely do one or more of these things:

• Export programs of EHS Documents - mostly SDSs.
  • Adjust standard report shipment logic via customer exits
  • Adjust WWI Templates - and develop additional WWI Symbols and or Symbol Methods and develop complete new WWI Templates (Labels, SDS, technical data sheets, SOPs etc...)
  • Develop custom reports : either for reporting or supporting the creation and management of EHS Documents
  • Interfaces to other systems
  • Develop additional checks within the EHS Specification Database via customer exits and BADIs
  • Export programs of EHS Documents - mostly SDSs.

This list for Product Safety implementations - other SAP EHS Modules are different.

Hope this helps

Mark

sriram_korlepara
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Mark,

Appreciate your response.

I am mainly interested in sub modules OH(Occupational Health) and IHS(Industrial Hygiene&Safety) of EHS.

I would like to what kind of work we do for those modules.In addition,Can you share some scenarios/technical specs w.r.t the above modules that you have come across in real time.You can send them at sriram538@gmail.com

Thanks&Regards,

Sriram.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

sriram_korlepara
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

Can somebody share some real time scenarios in SAP EHS...

Thanks&Regards,

Sriram.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sriram,

I am not an ABAPer but provide support for OH and IHS and I can only elaborate a little on what Mark stated.

I used ABAPers for :

• Interface injury records from an external health system as injuries on CBIH82
  • Send OH registration patient detail to external systems e.g. clocking system, testing systems, absences, hiring control (fit/unfit) etc.
  • Interface audio and spiro test results back from external health system
  • Interface patient chronic diagnosis records from external health system to SAP OH
  • Designing user exits to link employee and applicant data, modify screens with user exits
  • Routing certificates from standard SAP to ADOBE interactive
  • Adding other ADOBE forms on OH and IHS
  • Triggering referal letters OHS
  • Linking tables in the backend for BW/BO
  • Sending SAP HR data to external systems
  • Sending email reminders to persons for appointments
  • Creating Ztransactions to view combined applicant and employee data, manage sick leave etc.
  • Voucher control
  • Assist on Guided procedure level for processing records in sick leave
  • Assist in UI5 development to align the HTML with ECC.
  • etc.

There are so many scenarios that ABAP is used as we found the system difficult to align some specific business processes - so to make the fit between the business process and the system process we use ABAP frequently ensuring that we do not modify any standard SAP to enable the clients to still upgrade as SAP moves forward with new service/support packs etc.

Unfortunately I am unable to supply any TDS documentation as this is restricted to the client knowlege base.  Not sure if this helps?

Regards

Sherri

Feel free to mail me on schurch@mweb.co.za

christoph_bergemann
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello

any EHS project is specific. And as explained by others: it is not allowed to share technical or other document here. The use of EHS OH is (seems to be) very limited. I am not sure if there is a Best Pracise in place. For EHS IH: because of EHSM we can assume that EHS IH will not be supported on long term by SAP; I believe here as well no "Best Practise" exist.

So any investmetn in SAP EHS IH/OH should be challenged. At least for SAP EHS IH

The discussion here in context of EHS IH and OH is very limited, For OH: may be you will find <10 threads; for IH may be between 10 to 20

C.B.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sherri,

Looking at the points in your response, I must state (though off-topic here ) that yours look like a perfect SAP OH implementation with usage of full potential of the solution . Usually, clients reject the notion of an ERP based occupational health (more specifically, SAP OH) when they are already having a specialized solution for Medical Management; but your client seems to have judiciously integrated both. May I just know (out of my curiosity only) which industry vertical this implementation belongs to?

Regards,

Pavan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pavan,

Thank you for the compliment yes we are proud of what we have achieved and will still do - the possibilities are limitless actually - but, perfect, no not yet !

There are always the challenges that natural business growth throws at us which makes it more fun and keeps the ball rolling.

The client is very lucky to have committed health and information management teams to support the business direction.

This particular client is in the mining industry serving a workforce base of about 35k, with facilities supplying primary, secondary and occupational health care to the workforce and community
dependents.

Regards

Sherri

satya11719
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please go through this links it may helpful

https://scn.sap.com/thread/1247007

http://scn.sap.com/docs/DOC-41109

sriram_korlepara
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Satya,

Thanks for your response.

I just want to know some real time scenarios/Specs of OH&IHS sub modules in EHS.Please share them at sriram538@gmail.com.

Best Regards,

Sriram.