cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Barcode in GLM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

After long time, I am again stuck in Barcode topic of GLM. I know this topic is discussed several times in this forum. I have gone all the thread but not able to locate solution to the problem which I currently facing.

My client is using GLM solution without any barcode so far. Now they wish to go for barcodes. Accordingly, we have installed barcodes fonts on WWI server. We are using barcode of company “ TEC-IT Datenverarbeitung GmbH”

We are using  “SAPsprint bar code interface” method. Basis team conveyed that, they have done all required activities on WWI server side as mentioned in manual. However, still when I am checking it, no success so far

As I read in SAPSprint method, this method do not required Barcode fonts on front end system. Is that correct?

Also “C128_DUMMY_CONVERSION_METHOD” is not required. This is required only when we want special prefix or suffix. otherwise it is not required. Is that correct?

So I am trying to figure out that, what all activities, we as functional consultant need to do for Barcoded in GLM on front end or in general? ( of course,

we need to develop a template which will have report symbol with barcode…)

Am I missing any important step here? Can you please help to overcome this issue?

Thanking a lot in advance...

Regards,

Amol Joshi

PS: So for I read following notes

894444 - Tool for server-based print under Microsoft Windows (SAPSprint)

25344 - Interface SAPSprint (SAPFprint) barcode DLL (details)

1293379 - EH&S WWI Bar code support

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

christoph_bergemann
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Amol

you did not explain what you have done.

So this is facte one:

Accordingly, we have installed barcodes fonts on WWI server

What about client? anything changed? According to your explanation: no update on client side

To which action do you refer in context of:

"However, still when I am checking it, no success so far"

E.g. report from Template, Report Management system; GLM transactions (either old or new one as part of GLM+) or result on paper?

C.B.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Christoph,

Thanks for your revert.

yes, you point is valid. Let me give me more details:

SAP Version is EHP7

WWI Version : 3.2 / 2.7B SP38

Process: This is label printing process so we are creating labels in CG42 and will be printing the same via CBGL_MP01 ( Labeling)

as you have correctly pointed out  - has anything changed on client?

To answer this, basis team done some activities like  -

1) In SPAD created new device type

2) Assigned that new device type to the printer to which we are expected to shoot label prints

So far I have not done any functional activities on front end as still i am identifying which all activities to do...

Can you please help me to identify the same?

Thanking You !!

Regards

Amol Joshi

christoph_bergemann
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Amol

quite long discussion runs in your parallel thread:

I assume now: the hint in parallel thread does not help?

As mentioned by you: topic is discussed lot of time:

WWI GLM Barcode 64bit | SCN

Hope some of these documents help (may be look on top:

C.B.

christoph_bergemann
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Amol

is a very good reference for the options to print Barcode. If i read cross here for use of "Dll" option: dll must be on gen servewr (and I assume should be as well on local client if you use local wwi installation)

Eg. Note 1895061:EH&S WWI: Enhancements for print request processing in Global Label Management...

Printing in Bar code in SAP EHS WWI error | SCN

C.B.

Answers (0)