Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Interface with EWM

former_member182454
Participant
0 Kudos

hI,

We are implementing SAP for one of our client and it deals with many tons of bulk materials which are loaded in trucks.When truck enters into the yard it needs to proceed to the weighbridge to capture its weight.Once goods are loaded into truck and ready to leave the site its measured again in a weighbridge duringt he exit so that tare and net weight can be measured.

Now my question is wheather we should interface the weigh bridge with EWM or we can use the freight order No as a reference and interface TM with weighbridge.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member203115
Participant
0 Kudos

in the end it's a business requirement.  But to me interfacing the scale to EWM makes more sense as this is where the goods movement is controlled in the end.  Any weight updates will be passed on to ECC or TM in case TM needs to redo charge calculation based on revised weights / quantities.

That's my 2 cents worth

former_member183610
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Indraneel,

Here I am sharing my view and it may or may not help...

from EWM point we can think two things..

1. until unless vehicle is assigned to loading Door , we can't know the ODO which is assigned to TU in normal process.

As per the requirement weigh bridge is before the Door. So, at that movement we can't imagine for which material ( ODO ) TU is going to assign.

2. from OBD process LOAD is the last step in the POSC, and again vehicle go to the weigh bridge after loading completed. This time even though the material weight we know,the respective WTs are confirmed ,since LOAD is the last step.

C K Reddy

former_member182454
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

So do you suggest we should interface weighbridge with TM and not EWM

former_member183610
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Are you looking to measure the bulk product quantity wrf to weight? if this is the case what about the WT quantity against ODO ?

If we create the ODO WTs manually after completing loading (and after weighing ), there is no need of interface between weigh bridge and EWM, since we know the weight of product ( qty ).

C K Reddy

former_member182454
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

We want to measure net weight, gross weight, license plate No through the interface using truck freight order as reference.In that case do you feel EWM should be deployed here?

former_member183610
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

It seems..from EWM end..it is looking like not possible..

In-depth analysis required...

C K REDDY