cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CMSCFinderException: workspace name does not exist

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hallo everyone,

when trying to release activities on OS level I get the following error "workspace name does not exist" how can solve this?

Thanks in advance

Klaas,

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

ErvinSzolke
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hello Klaas,

on OS level you mean when using the CMS Tool ?

What is the command you are using exactly ?

Could you please also doublecheck in the DTR webui (http://<host>:<port>/dtr) if the workspace is really there ?

Thanks and Regards,

Ervin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ervin,

yes I mean the CMS tool,

this is the command I am using after opening cmstool.bat

1. I connect to the dtr (connectdtr)

2. I release all the activities (rel –s sap.com_R4_Interfaces –u *)

Yes the workspace is there DTR,

Thanks & Regards

Klaas,

ErvinSzolke
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hello Klaas,

can you check this blog that was not exactly written to cover only the "release", but it is covering an example how to release with the cmstool.

I hope it gives an idea

Best Regards,

Ervin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ervin,

I still get the same error even after following the blog, thank you.

Regards

Klaas,

ErvinSzolke
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hello Klaas,

could you please copy here (or attach as file) the complete trace error you have when the release command fails ?

Take a look at this too

RELEASE / REL - Using Java - SAP Library

Thank you and Regards,

Ervin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ervin,

On the trans folder this logs are no where to be found, am I looking them at the right folder?

Thanks & Regards

Klaas,

ErvinSzolke
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hello,

I meant first of all the exception you face in the output of the cmstool,  but I understand it is most likely nothing more than what you sent as the title of this thread.

Perhaps there was a process now perfectly complete during a specific track operation. This case we often suggest to simply re-save the track in CMS Webui (Landscape Configurator -- Track Data -- select the track in question, change say the description only in order to have a dummy change and press save)

This helped in the past:

CMSUnexpectedException: Workspace name does not... | SCN

I hope it helps you as well.

Regards,

Ervin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ervin,

I re-saved the Track but the problem still persist, I see that Sumanth was having the same issue and his problem was solved by this. thank you Ervin.

Regards

Klaas,

ErvinSzolke
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

HI klaas,

any related errors seen in the cmstool's log folder or in the defaultTrace on the server side?

Regards

Ervin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ervin,

In cmstool I don't see any errors

In defaultTrace I don't see helpful information except "getRequestMaskForWorkspacecom.sap.cms.util.exception.CMSUnexpectedException: Workspace name does not exist: version=0,dtrWSName=B4D_MIICUST_D_sap.com_R4_Interfaces"

Regards

Klaas,

ErvinSzolke
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hello Klaas,

I admit this is weird.

What I can think of now is that perhaps the cmstool you use is an old one.

What is the release version of NWDI on the server and what cmstool are you using on client side?

Also, did you try to release from NWDS as well?

Regards

Ervin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ervin,

NWDI version is 7.1

is CMS

I did not try to release them in NWDS, let me research how to release them using NWDS. thank you.

Regards

Klaas,

ErvinSzolke
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

can you please also send the output of the command where you list the available workspaces with cmstool?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ervin,

I have tried command listWorkspaces and  workspace -F to list the available workspace but I get UNKNOWN COMMAND.

I have attached list of ws from DTR, thank you

Regards

Klaas,

ErvinSzolke
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Klaas,

Can you try listing this way ?

la –s sap.com_R4_Interfaces -w –u <your nwdi admin username>

Also, as I can see on the sent screenshot you have a very similar other workspace (R4_INTERFACES) and I am wondering whether that caused any trouble. Can you create a dummy activity in any other workspaces to see whether you run into the same problem? You can use dtr webui to create such an activity. Maybe this way we can isolate the problem to see if it is a general one or workspace specific.

Regards

Ervin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ervin,

I tried that but with no luck same problem, thank you.

Regards

Klaas,

ErvinSzolke
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

very weird, honestly I am out of idea.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I don't know what to do anymore, I was thinking of deleting the CBS buildspace. would that be a good idea or solve the problem?

ErvinSzolke
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hello,

you could try but I doubt it'd help.

Deleting the CBS buildspace is called Buildspace reset (How to reset CBS buildspaces - Java Development - SCN Wiki) After track re-save you can get back your buildspaces (plus you need to reimport all SCs to dev and cons to get back to the original state before you deleted the buildspaces, afaik we described this in the above doc).

But the problem is you got problems in DTR and with the workspaces which I think the above action won't affect.

I am kind of thinking now this track might be corrupted somehow. If you cannot reproduce this with other tracks, then I am even more confident this could be perhaps the case.

Also wondering what would happen if you'd replicate this track to another track with a different name and see whether you got problems with that one.  Here you can read about replication Replicating a Track into a Different DTR Repository - Using the Development and Production Infrastru...

Regards,

Ervin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ervin,

Reset the CBS didn't help, you were right, thank you.

Regards

Klaas,

Answers (0)