cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

deactivate phrases

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I would like to deactivate a list of phrase keys. I was thinking I could do this via the phrase import DAT file. I thought I could add a line for the "VALTO" field. as follows:

+EV

+BV   $ESTPH

PHRID                          12345678

SRLANGU                        E

VALTO       31.01.2014

+EV

When I import the file, it complains that :

2016022003570135: field VALTO       31.01.2014 in table ESTPH not available in system

So it seems that the phrase import program does not recognize all of the fields available in ESTPH? Is there a limitation on the fields one can put in the DAT file?

Any other ideas how to do this?

thanks,

Scott

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Ralph_P
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Scott,

easiest way: Remove the phrases from all phrase sets. That can be done via migration by not assigning the phrases to any phrase sets (I think :-), I'm not sure whether the existing assignments will be overwritten).

Ralph

christoph_bergemann
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Scott

any upload to phrases via import. it is always a good idea to have a "download" file so to make sure that you have used the correct fields

Check: Example: Transfer File for Phrases - Basic Data and Tools (EHS-BD) - SAP Library

Never tried to update phrases as you would like to achieve

C.B.

PS: Check options of OCC; may it can be done via OCC

christoph_bergemann
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Scott

please explain your definition of "deactivate phrase"

1.) we have a "Status" on phrase item (kind of deactivation for some purposes)

2.) we can limit the assignment of a phrase to a phrase set using change numbers

3.) we can limit the "validity" of a phrase I believe as well via "change number) (e. g. believe this is what you tried by import)

A phrase can be:

1.) used in a report template

2.) used in the database (e.g. CG02 data records)

3.) used as part of DG management etc.

You can as well combine phrase A with B (and then A is no existing any more in database)

If the phrase is used  as part of 1.) 2.) or 3.) you must (in most cases) exchange phrase A by B

C.B.