cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BI Platform Support Tool Issue: Host Agent

kim_matthews2
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi team,  I've successfully installed the tool across multiple environments but having an issue in my Production on one server.

"Error Connecting to HostAgent. Unable to validate the SAP HostAgent. This could be due to network connectivity, bad credentials or misconfiguration."

Comparing the preferences.xml entry for this bad server to a validated server, the only difference is the eroded server does not have the tag: <HostTraceini>.  I checked the path and the file does exist on the server.

I have tried removing the landscape and rebuilding, removing the single server.  I can't find much logging for HostAgent errors.   Can you provide a couple suggestions.   I'm not able to run E2E on this landscape either.

Thank you Kim

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Toby_Johnston
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Kim,

The Traceini property is not used for the SAP Host Agent.

Can you go to your landscape configuration, go to the problem node, then HostAgent settings button.  Then copy the URL from WSDL Address and paste it into a browser.  What happens?

Regards

Toby

kim_matthews2
Explorer
0 Kudos

Yes so the problem node's WSDL address: 'Page can't display'.

kim_matthews2
Explorer
0 Kudos

One more question/comment please, I used the 'install SAP host agent' link from the support tool page (great BTW).  Looking at the services image on step 10 the SAP HostControl is configured to run as the 'sapadm' account not as the local system account.  Is this a requirement to run as sapadm NOT as local?

Toby_Johnston
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Kim,

Yes, the SAPHostControl service should be running as sapadm account and the SAPHostExec service should run as Local system.  It is possible to run the SAPHostExec service as a domain account if that would be better.  It is described in this article:  Configuring SAP Host Agent User sapadm as a Domain User - SAP NetWeaver Library: Function-Oriented V...

We can have a quick Citrix session to resolve this issue if you continue to have troubles.  Let me know.

Regards

Toby

kim_matthews2
Explorer
0 Kudos

It was the Host Agent on the server.

Answers (0)