cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What is the difference between Org. Char in MSS and Nakisa Org Chart Application

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dears

i just want to know what is the difference between Organizational Chart Visualization in Manager Self-Services and Nakisa Org. Chart Application, if there is not difference, then i don't need to buy Nakisa License for Nakisa Org. Chart as it can be implemented through SAP free, Correct?!!

If it's correct, this means only Nakisa Org. Chat is free or can we do also Nakisa Modeler or something else.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

StephenMillard
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I believe that there are quite a few differences.  Whilst from the looks of it Nakisa did help SAP develop Workforce Viewer it is far from being as feature capable a product as SOVN OrgChart and it provides no other functionality outside of some basic structure visualisation.

I'd recommend taking a look at the following for more information.

At the end of the day, if you just need simple charting then Workforce Viewer will likely meet your needs.  If you need more flexibility (e.g. to customise what is shown/not shown) or capability (exporting, analytics, etc.) then you need to upscale to SOVN OrgChart or an equivalent product.

Hope that helps.

Regards,

Stephen.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you very much for the useful links, anyway i can say that the main differences in features are:

1. Workforce viewer doesn't have quick search functionality
  2. Workforce viewer doesn't have the details panel
  3. Workforce viewer doesn't have Chart book and its print functionality
  4. SOVN OrgChart doesn't create actions on employees

Am i right?

StephenMillard
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

"Am I right?" ... that's rather subjective.  For example, as I've already suggested, for me the main difference is in how configurable and customisable the two solutions are, but I'm sure there are significant differences in complexity of deployment and other such things as well.  Personally I wouldn't list Quick Search as a "main" feature difference.  Herein lies the issue around subjectivity on such an open ended question.

Is there any further specific information you require on this?

Regards,

Stephen.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Stephen

The difference in features i listed is based on my understanding of the links you sent me. And for you as a consultant "the main difference is in how configurable and customisable the two solutions are", yes you are correct

But for the customer, sure it's all about features and price (license).

For me as a consultant i intended to ask such an open question to get the most knowledge i can from the answers.

Anyway, thank you very much for your great help, the links you sent to me very useful.

Answers (0)