cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Skip check for Automatic MSDS Shipping

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello

We are implementing the Automatic MSDS functionality and have a requirement where for a certain group of materials, the system is required to ship an MSDS 'everytime' and not only when a new version of MSDS was created OR when it is legally required as per EU or US norms.

So basically, we want to ignore any 'checking' of the report shipping order for these group of materials. Every time there is an order of any of these materials, an MSDS is required.

For all other materials, the standard process will be followed, i.e. report shipping order will be checked to see if it is required to be sent or not.

Any inputs on how we implement this?

CVEM_RDO_CHECK - does this FM needs to be modified? If yes, then how do we include the logic for only a group of materials.

Thanks

Sachin

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

dazeli
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hello Christophe,

Many thanks for your answer and sorry for not following best practices. This was my 1st posting for this community.

Best regards

Daman

dazeli
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hello guys,

This subject is very old and unfortunately it was closed without a clear proposition for this requirement "Skip check for Automatic MSDS Shipping"

We have exactly this requirement but even more simple as we want to apply it for an entire sales Organization.

Could you please help with this? Do we need to create our own FM based on CVEM_RDO_CHECK or is there an enhancement point that we can use or any details that need to be taken into account.
Many thanks

Daman

christoph_bergemann
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello

it is not "Best Practise" to start new discussion using an "old question"

Anyhow:

PLease check the customizing in which CVEM_RDO_CHECK would be used. If i remember correct: there is a "country" and this function module; that's it.

The "issue" is: you need to understand: why is the customizing done like that?

But: if you would like to ignore world wide the "US" and "EU" legal demands then you need "only" to prepare a "copy" of SAP original one and use it in this customizing option.

If i remember correct: at point on time of check: the sales org can be retrieved. Therefore: if you use a "copy" with your logic: you will be successfull. EHS is designed here different. Normally (in most of the case) you will not need to use an "enhancement point" (but you can try it as well)

C.B.

PS: https://blogs.sap.com/2016/04/10/ehs-classic-report-distribution/ might be of interest (but "outdated"; no update done since days)

christoph_bergemann
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Sachin

if topic is solved. plesase close thread

C.B.

christoph_bergemann
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Sachin

first: you need to establish a "better" requirement. Therefore. currently there seems not to be any dependency on sales organization, country etc. (as you do not give details buzt mentioned that the topic should be true for US and other regions as well) ). Further ony your requirement is currently "only" related to SD_CALL;

If I remember correct (but not sure): CVEM_RDO_CHECK is used as well in SUB_CALL etc. So you need a good "blueprint"

The "most" important issue is the "definition": how do you would like to "check for relevant material number"??

E.g. you could use a material class (with data as: always dispatch); you could use other "MM" related data to select the materials. The issue is more orlesss. It will never ever be a "static" list of materials but one can assume tha the list of relevant materials is dynamic (and in the ideal world: the lsit should be dependent on user action or other criterias which are "clear" (from business point of view and as well technical point of view(

I have no personal experience with the new otions using "Enhancemnt points". Normally the old way would be: use may be CVEM_RDO_CHECK as a copy for a "customer" module. BUT do not change code (then it would be a "modificaiton" according to SAP rules). Therefore: You should look as well for "SUB_CALL"

E.g. let us assume that you just store any dispatch of SDS in database. What should now happen in "SUB_CALL"?

Because of the US and othere region topic: I believe it is not only CVEM_RDO_CHECK to look at.

CB