cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Crystal Report Server XI Setup - Product Keycode not valid

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have a Crystal Reports Developer CD which came with Crystal Reports Server XI.  I am trying to install this software on a new 2k3 server I just setup however, the key code which is listed on the CD cover is returning as invalid when trying to run setup for the software.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member183750
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You will have to contact sales and get them to double check the keycode or issue a new one.

NA: 866-681-3435

WW office directory: http://www.sap.com/contactsap/directory/index.epx

- Ludek

Senior Support Engineer Product Support, Global Support Center Canada

Follow me on Twitter

Got Enhancement ideas? Use the SAP Idea Place

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Ludek Uher,

I have been researching for a presentation I have to give for our management next week.  The topic of this presentation is migrating an internal application developed using VB6 application running on XP machines (using COM with last updated with Crystal Reports Developer XIR2) to .Net. 

So a little background, I have read your document "Improving Crystal Reports Performance I Visual Studio.net Applications" and read most of the documents and website you had referenced in your document.  I have also read "Crystal Reports 2008 Component Engine Scalability" document by Blair Wheadon and several other documents on Crystal Reports SDK's.

For this presentation I need to provide be prepared to answer the following questions:

• Pro and Cons for this migration as it would be a complete rewrite
  • Risk vs Reward

Wondering if there is a document out there which I can use as a reference for my presentation.  As always, really appreciate all your help in advance.  I am also happy to provide additional information or post this in a different forum location if it would be helpful. 

Thanks,

Ali Khan

former_member183750
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi ALi

I do not have such a document, but the answer is pretty simple;

VB 6 has not been supported by MS since <google for date>

VB 6 will more than likely not work on any current Operating Systems (WIN 8, WIN 10, WIN 2012)

CR XI R2 has not been supported by SAP since 2013(?)

CR XI R2 will not work on any current Operating Systems (WIN 8, WIN 10, WIN 2012). See: Crystal Reports v. 9.1 to SAP Crystal Reports 2013, Runtime Distribution and Supported Operating Sys...

Based on the above, the risk 1: persisting with VB 6 means that eventually no apps will work.

Risk 2: Learning new APIs

- Ludek

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank You Ludek...!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Ludek,

Just to give you an update on the keycode issue, had a conversation with sales/support and since the product is out of support they can not help.  Thanks for pointing me in the right direction.

former_member183750
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Many thanks for the update. That is too bad.

Sometimes I see CR and CRS - old versions for sale on Amazon or Ebay. If you really want to, that may be an option. Though I'd recommend going to the latest if at all possible.

- Ludek

Former Member
0 Kudos

We have a VB6 app developed which basically mimics CRS but its a think client.  I was hoping to demo CRS to internal team for more of a show and tell/demo.  I was trying to avoid getting latest version of CRS(13), I had used CRS 2008 previously and it requires a significant processing power compared to CRS XI. Anyhow moving on to plan B, request a web server to be able to host CRS 2016.   

Thanks for your feedback!

Ali Khan

Answers (0)