SAP for Banking Discussions
Join the conversation about navigating compliance, enhancing customer experience, and driving growth in the banking industry with SAP.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

problems RDL and autogenerated tables

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have a question and problems.

Why the tables self-generated in RDL is different in every environment?

right now, SAP build a query using the tables self-generated in RDL but when we try to transport to QA, we get an error, when I see the customizing by SPRO I found the table's name is different in DEV, QAS and PRD.

When I saw the query they used the tables in RDL, See the picture in the red box

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

maybe, if I use the field data table instead header table  and version table, it can work in query???

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Former Member
0 Kudos

maybe, if I use the field data table instead header table  and version table, it can work in query???

0 Kudos

Hi Maria,

RDL Tables are generated within the after import in each client to ensure unique name.

This include all RDL tables (header, version, data). So the DB table names will always be different in each clients.

This is anyway not recommended to address directly with SQL statement the RDL to avoid wrong usage of the versioning and special RDL features.

The only option you have is to create an ABAP program in order to retrieve the name of the DB table of your system and generate your SQL statement within the report.

Kind regards,

Florent.

0 Kudos

Hi Florent,

Thank You very much for your help.