Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Data Store to Load data in to BW on HANA

manikandan_shanmugam3
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am new to HCI DS, trying to create a Data store to load data directly in to BW( on HANA On-Premise )tables through HCI DS. I can find Data store type as SAP BW Source in HCI while creating Data Store but there is no option available for SAP BW Target to choose.

(Data store with type SAP BW Source is not appearing as a target on task)

Please let me know whether any configuration is required from Basis side on the same or any other way to Load data in to BW tables directly.

Regards,

Mani

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

gopi_nidjelli2
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

In our case we were loading data from IBP to APO BW . So the approach we followed was using the Webservices. We have created Webservice enabled Datasource and Created a SOAP Based Datastore using the Webservice in HCI.

Odata may be possible, check it.

Gopi

manikandan_shanmugam3
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Gopi,

I understood that you were used web service approach. my question is why did you use this approach? I am trying to load data directly in to BW table instead web service approach but not getting option to create data store with SAP BW Target (as like SAP BW Source).

Wanted to know whether HCI DS doesn't support to load data directly in to BW tables or we have only option through web service.

I am new to HCI so please explain.

Regards,

mani

gopi_nidjelli2
Participant
0 Kudos

I don't think you can load data directly to table using HCI.

konstantin_p
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Gopi,

I'm currently working on a IBP APO integration as well.

Would it be possible for you to share further details?

• What kind of data did you export from IBP to APO?
  • Did I unterstand you correctly that you used a webservice as target datastore?
    • What kind of webservice was it?

Kind regards,

Konstantin

former_member198401
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Refer http://scn.sap.com/docs/DOC-47511

Regards

Arun Sasi

gopi_nidjelli2
Participant
0 Kudos

hi,

• What kind of data did you export from IBP to APO?

We pulled all the key figures data back to APO .

• Did I unterstand you correctly that you used a webservice as target datastore?
    • What kind of webservice was it?

HCI was recently upgraded in May 2016. Before that the only option to pull the data from IBP to APO was using the webservices. We used BW DSO webservice. But technically you can use FM as webservice also.

After May 2016 we have a new adapter BWTarget Datastore. This option looks much simpler and easy to use.

konstantin_p
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Gopi,

thanks for your response. Can you please clarify how BW fits into the IBP to APO integration scenario?

I'm trying to export all the key figures from IBP to APO as well, but there is no BW set up. So I guess your mentioned BW DSO webservice and BWTarget Datastore wouldn't be helpful.

Regards,

Konstantin 

gopi_nidjelli2
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

In APO system there is a BW component . You can create a BW DSO in APO system. BWTarget is a new datastore type available from 6.2.

Please refer the below link from sap, Page 34 onwards.

https://dam.sap.com/mac/preview/a/67/yAlOPEyAylnFXXJgAkAxglPixOXwX1yxESEzmyOSx2xJmEy9/IBP62_Webinar_... 

Thanks

Gopi