cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP PORTAL MAINTENANCE PLANNER

former_member206857
Active Participant
0 Kudos

I'm having an issue and trying to clean up my systems on the new sap portal maintenance planner site.

Quickly, I have a central SLD on PI.

I have 3 SOLMAN (DEV-QA-PRD)

All 3 the LMDB retrieve info from the 1 central SLD.

When I view my systems in the Portal MP, almost all my ERP's are reported and updated by my SOLMAN DEV.

I'd prefer to only have my SOLMAN PRD report all systems.

How would one change this?

Tell you what I've done as a test,

I deleted a sandbox from my SAP Portal MP,

I went into the LMDB of my SOLMAN DEV, to the technical system of my sandbox, on the sap support portal tab, system synchronizing, I set it to DO NOT synchronize selected technical system.

I then went into SOLMAN PRD, LMDB and made sure the same technical system was set to synchronize and I hit the upload to SAP button.

It ran fine, no errors.

I also re-ran the LANDSCAPE FETCH Job.

So now, unless I haven't waited long enough, the SANDBOX doesn't exist at all in the portal maintenance planner.

SO I need to manually add it back? This is a pain in the a$$

Any tips?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

wolf_hengevoss
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Joshua,

again I say your question - you hopefully have found a solution by now... if not, I created 2 blog post that might help:

Data and Topology of SLD, LMDB, and Customer Profile – How to Get Reliable Landscape Data in SAP Sup...

Uploading, Accessing, and Trouble-Shooting System Data in the Customer Profile Used for Planning Cha...

Best Regards,

Wolf Hengevoss

SAP SE

former_member206857
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks Ashutosh,

I read all those notes last week, I know about the SMSY_SYNCH_SAP_CUST

I know about the force push in LMDB and also to set a system to replicate or not to.

As I explained, I have no issues getting my system from my LMDB to the SAP site.

Works fine.

My issue was on the SAP side, trying to determine why it took so long for my system to appear in the SAP maintenance planner site while it was already reported properly in my SAP customer profile.

There must be a staging area or background job on SAP's side that replicates data to the tool.

No biggie, just curious to know for my own.

Example, I build a new BW box, want to add SP's to it, I can't afford to wait 48 hours to see it via Maintenance planner. I would require a manual upload as work a round

former_member185239
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Joshua,

Have you applied the sapnote in the system.

If you have not applied the sapnote in your system then apply it.

Then manually upload the system information from lmdb.

Also you have to check the job landscape fetch which sync the data to SMP.

After applying the sapnote and then manually sending the data from lmdb it will appear with no delay.

With Regards

Ashutosh Chaturvedi

former_member185239
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Joshua,

You have to implement the below two sapnote in your system which will make the system available in MP

1998218 SAP Support Portal system data upload - Constantly changing

2002546 CP: Direct upload of landscape data to the customer profile

You can globally stop the synchronization in solman system from where you dont want to update

Run the below transaction and go to edit mode and change the global obtion

SMSY_SYNCH_SAP_CUST

With Regards

Ashutosh Chaturvedi

former_member206857
Active Participant
0 Kudos

support.sap.com I can pull up the system and I can see that this morning mu SOLMAN PRD updated it.

Just for some reason the new maintenance portal still doesn't see it. I wonder if this is on SAP's side?

former_member206857
Active Participant
0 Kudos

I did this on Thursday.

I checked Friday and the new SAP maintenance planner still did not see it.

I come in today, and now it is there.

It appears it takes on the SAP side to replicate customer info to the new maintenance planner site.

Like I said, my LMDB data was replicated to SAP and I could see it Thursday with the updated replication and my new SOLMAN reporting it.

Anyone know how long it takes SAP to replicate their own tools?

wolf_hengevoss
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Joshua,

I'm sorry to hear that you had problems in getting your data shown in the SAP Support Portal. To give a short answer to your initial question:

- Manual upload should bring the data up almost immediately.

- Automated upload "landscape fetch" shortly after the scheduled time.

We recently did some fix to the process, I guess you have been hit by what was now fixed.

In case there are new problems, the component to raise an incident is BC-UPG-MP.

I hope that helps.

Best Regards,

Wolf Hengevoss

SAP SE