cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to upgrade Kernel using SUM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

this is my first time upgrading a Kernel.

We got NW 7.4 SPS 10 Java only on windows with a MSSQL DB.

I want to update the Kernel to 742.

I downloaded it from SAP Download Page and took SAPEXE.SAR and SAPEXEDB.SAR out of the Zip file and provided it to SUM be a Manually Prepared Download directory.

This works so far.

But in Step 5.3 Configuration it is telling me that I had to select some components:

I can't choose anything else than 'skip' but if i want to go on it is telling me I had to choose something.

Furthermore the TargetVersionReport is telling me:

So could you please tell me what I did wrong?

Thanks a lot!

Dominik

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Reagan
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Do you really need SUM to update the kernel to 7.42? If the underlying OS and DB support kernel 7.42 then why don't you do it manually? You just need to download the SAPCAR tool and extract the kernel archives and update them in the kernel location. More information is available in the SAP note 2128122 - Use of 7.42 kernel instead of 7.40 or 7.41 kernel

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hallo,

maybe follow the update procedure as per note 2128122 - Use of 7.42 kernel instead of 7.40 or 7.41 kernel - instead.

Regards

Thomas.

former_member185239
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Dominik,

You can skip the update and later on , you can deploy the component later on , if required.

With Regards

Ashutosh Chaturvedi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ashutosh,

if I try this than it is telling me 'Select at least one component for update.'

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hallo,

are the SAPEXE-files the only files in D:\SUM Deployment?

Regards

Thomas.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Thomas,

yes those are the only ones.

The only thing that confuses me before was the Download from SAP, beacuse there are a lot of more files in the Zip file. But the SUM doesn't like the whole Zip file.

So I took the SAPEXE.SAR from \51049350_10.zip\DATA_UNITS\K_742_U_WINDOWS_X86_64\DBINDEP\ and the SAPEXEDB.sar from \51049350_10.zip\DATA_UNITS\K_742_U_WINDOWS_X86_64\MSS\.

Is this the correct way?

Best regards

Dominik