cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Item Category determination for substitution's sub item

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I have an issue in Sales order while determining item category for substitution items. Could you please help me? Below are details.

When user entered an item which has a substitution material, has rightly determined item category. Defaulted correct sub item's item category based on "Higher level Item category".

When user changed the parent item's item category to a standard item category (Eg. TAN). As per SAP standard, the sub item category should be re-determined based on changed Higher Level Item category, but it didn't happen.

Due to this, the parent item is delivered and billed, but sub item cannot be delivered without parent item. We couldn't edit this sub item and reject.

I wanted your help in either re-determine the sub item's item category or for rejecting this item at sales order.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,
Joshua

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

spencer_liang
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Joshua,

"When user changed the parent item's item category to a standard item category (Eg. TAN). As per SAP standard, the sub item category should be re-determined based on changed Higher Level Item category, but it didn't happen."

Where do you get this information that this is standard behavior? I test it in standard system 713, it is not redetermined.

Basically, when you change the product id for higher level, the item category for both HL item and subitem will be redetermined. If you simply change the item category for HL with F4 help, subitem item category is not redetermined. The end user has to change item category for subitem manually.

My test example as below. You may have customized the item category determination the same way.

Spencer

former_member193761
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

For a substitution scenario why would you allow TAN? Could you elaborate please?