Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BI Platform Support Tool Issue: Platform Search report issue - one system only

former_member196781
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi guys,

Because of an incident regarding the Platform search (for which there was also a SAP AGS incident message raised), I have to create a platform search report with the BIPST.

This usually works quite well, but I recognized today that this doesn't work anymore for one system in our landscape and this is actually the interesting one.

Now I'm not sure if this is a bug in the BIPST or if it's caused by the system's repository content or similar.

I get this error message:

And an empty PS report:

When checking my report history, the last succesful PS report was created on 29.01. for this system,

hence it was done with 2.0.1., so maybe a bug in the latest version?

But on the other hand: I also set the "Rebuild Index" flag in the Platform Search options after this date, so maybe it's because of the new index.

Do you think that this is a bug in the tool or do you suspect the system to cause this?

Since there is a problem with the platform search on this system,

for which we need this report, I could imagine that the later case is true, too.

I can provide you with the corresponding log and report xml if this helps you,

but I didn't want to upload it here, since it's potentially containing confidential information.

Best Regards

Moritz

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

joshua_kuhn
Contributor
0 Kudos

HI Moritz,

Please send in the xml from this report and I'll take a look. Its quite possible the issue is in the display ui  and not the extraction.

Regards,

Joshua

joshua.kuhn@sapns2.com

former_member196781
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Joshua,

Thanks!

I've sent you the files via email.

Best Regards

Moritz

joshua_kuhn
Contributor
0 Kudos

The issue was in the html front end, not the extraction.  Checking in fix and will validate changes tomorrow.  All previous xml's that once threw the error should work after the change.

BITBITOOL-844

Answers (0)