cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to limit the access to a query

0 Kudos

I have the following challenge: block the report execution in the reporting tools Bex, AAO, Lumira,... but not in web application designer for some queries with confidential data. Or to force that these queries only can be executed with an specific web template or an specific bex workbook.

I don't know an standard procedure for that (via roles and authorizations) but maybe it will be possible to distinguish what tool tries to execute the query via system variable.

Do you know how to do it or any brilliant idea that helps me?

Thanks in advance for you help.

BR, Jónatan.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

surendra_p
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Jonanatan,

I understood that your Question is how to create a variable to pass Executing Tool as input to the variable,Right.

I have doubt ,Is there any table your are maintaining list of Executing tools in BW side.

In that case there might be a chance to create variable to pass  executing tool as input.

Regards

Surendra

0 Kudos

Hi Surendra,

Currently I don't have any table with the reporting tools but it could be created. We are using BO and BEx reporting tools.

I found how to distinguish between BEx Analyzer and the other reporting tools because during the exit variables debugging the sy-xprog has the value "SAPLSRS_XLS_RFC" and the others the value "SAPLSRSBOLAP_BICS_PROVIDER" but I didn't find how to distinguish between the tools that use BICS.

Do you have any idea?

Best regards,

Jónatan.