Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Email Functionality not working

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello All,

While using the standard program BCS_EXAMPLE_7 which is used to send mail with attachment, i get an error as "transmission failled with some return code BCS".

Requesting you to help me on clearing this error.

ABAP Development

Regards,

Saranya

7 REPLIES 7

former_member1716
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Could you please explain in detail about your error?

Regards,

Satish

0 Kudos

Hi Satish,

The exact error message which am getting is "Error occurred during transmission -return code:<XERR_BCS> with message no:SO865". Resulting email not sent. 

i have checked the final internal tables, recipient address passed whether it has data or not.

Regards,

Saranya

amarnath_prasad
Explorer
0 Kudos

0 Kudos

Hi Amar,

By using the below method, specify the attachment type as PDF or any other format which is required.

CALL METHOD obj_document->add_attachment

EXPORTING

i_attachment_type    = 'PDF'

i_attachment_subject = 'subject'

i_attachment_size    = size

i_att_content_hex    = binary_content.

Hope it will be useful for u...

Regards,

Saranya

raymond_giuseppi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Are you able to send a mail with some attachment in SBWP, only then will this be Abap related, is there some record in SOST?

Regards,

Raymond

0 Kudos

Hi Raymond,

I dont see any records in SOST. If the problem is not ABAP related, where the issue occurs?

Regards,

Saranya

0 Kudos

You could check for customizing in transaction SCOT, also did you try to send manually some attachment in transaction SBWP?

But if there is nothing in SOST, could you give the exact error message raised by the SAP sample program (the report works correctly on my every server)

Regards,

Raymond