cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Integration of HCM Processes and Forms and Fiori?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi there,

I am searching for informations on the future developments of HCM Processes and Forms. What is the strategy regarding the new UX technologies UI5 and Fiori. How will the Floorplanmanager be integrated/interact with UI5/Fiori?

Kind regards and many thanks to any information in advance.

Sebastian Rötzel

ioan_radulescu2
Participant
0 Kudos

In the meantime the "cookbook" for HCM PF with Fiori has improved greatly. There are some primitive scripting elements to be used. Still no direct start possibility yet (the app URL starts like */processName/* so the person still needs to be searched. I need */processName/compoundObjectID/* so that I can start directly for a person and process)

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

siddharthrajora
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert

We have started releasing it, Please check here, There is development going on on this space.

Please note we ll have HCM for S4HANA in 2022

https://launchpad.support.sap.com/#/notes/2673872 >> check attachments in the Note to read further and how to configure

https://fioriappslibrary.hana.ondemand.com/sap/fix/externalViewer/#/detail/Apps('F3596')/S16OP

ioan_radulescu2
Participant
0 Kudos

cool Siddharth, good to know, thank you! At some point every on-premise will need to move to S4HANA so when that happens (2027? 2030?) I'll have to check it out. Hopefully the mechanisms to enhance standard SAPUI5 apps will be better than currently.

ioan_radulescu2
Participant
0 Kudos

hi Siddharth any word on a direct call of the form? We're using a custom built Fiori application that presents an organigram and allows for direct starting of HCM PF by right clicking on persons or positions or even org. units. How can I start a Fiori HCM PF form directly (knowing the main object and perhaps several other parameters)?

ChrisSolomon
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
siddharth.rajora

Heya old friend! (haha) You around? Question on this (ie. Fiori for HCM P&F). Any updates on the SAP Jam group and getting access? The note references emails that are apparently outdated.

siddharthrajora
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Yes i m here stil 🙂

Please update your email ID so we can add you.

ioan_radulescu2
Participant

well yeah, but seems too be what the customer wants, already two of mine wanted (and got) to have this type of starting apps. The process browser hmmm, nobody I know uses it (3 customers, long time HCM PF), they prefer custom SAPGui transactions, although that will probably soon change.

I think I’m implementing these Fiori based this year with one of them.

ChrisSolomon
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Have you checked out Neptune? Good stuff.

ioan_radulescu2
Participant
0 Kudos

christopher.solomon i just had a look. Hmmm you know I'm just an ex-SAP contractor, the decision for a platform is taken most of the times by the client. I barely have the time to do research into new technologies, since I need to earn my keep (for the family) ;). At this point it doesn't matter what language I'm using, I just care about HR, in business (mostly w SAP). And somehow, in the SAP world, it seems to me, time is measured in double-decades. Whichever framework / language used for dev, in the end the make or break is the IDE. And, in the SAP world, there is a lot of in-growth (integration) that has to exist between the new thing and SAP HR in order for the new thing to be useful.

That being said, if they'll be used by any customer I'll flag them.

0 Kudos
ioan_radulescu2
Participant
0 Kudos
ChrisSolomon
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Still pretty limited....just the "start" app and a way to process approvals like UWL/POWL. No "process browser" type application. But hey, at least its a start! hahahaha

ChrisSolomon
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

There has been no official information released. Like you, I am waiting to hear also.

In the meantime, many customers (including a project I was on) have built their own SAPUI5 "form UI" for HCM P&F. These can be incorporated into the FIORI launchpad but an HCM P&F application is more "FIORI-like" than being true to FIORI design principles.

There are a few third party "solutions" for developing SAPUI5 frontends to HCM P&F but those can be thought of more as "accelerators" than truly packaged solutions....most just to speed up the project and get that consulting company's foot in the door for the additional work....same as when Adobe forms were the only standard option (before FPM) and several 3rd parties offered WDA solutions.

suresh_datti
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I'm skeptical ( again ).. Renewal 3.0 may be... especially when SAP touts Fiori My Inbox as the one stop shop for all Approvals..

~Suresh

ChrisSolomon
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

As I see more and more in SF EC, I am seeing why new development in on-prem (especially in HCM P&F) has all but stopped. We shall see though.