cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem with SUM (SLES / MaxDB)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I've installed SUM on SLES 12  with SAP  and MaxDB. While I'm on second step (Configuration) called: "Determine JDBC driver" I've got error:

-----

Error in Determine JDBC driver

The following error has occured during the execution of the current step:

Error while executing Task with input file ReadProfiles.xml and task READ_DB_DRIVER_LOCATION. Task READ_DB_DRIVER_LOCATION not found in configuration file ReadProfiles.xml.

For more information, see the files /backup/SUM/sdt/log/SUM/DETERMINE-JDBC-DRIVER_01.LOG and ProcessOverview.html.

To troubleshoot the problem use the provided information. An SAP Note may provide a solution to this problem. Search for SAP Notes with the following

keywords:

SUM  configure  prepare-configuration  determine-jdbc-driver  com.sap.sdt.j2ee.services.servicesimpl.EngineProfileService  class com.sap.sdt.util.diag.DiagException

You may now do one of the following:

Repeat step from point of failure. After you have corrected the error, you can repeat the step from the exact point where the error occurred.

-----

This is what cat command on log mentioned in error content returns:

-----

cat /backup/SUM/sdt/log/SUM/DETERMINE-JDBC-DRIVER_01.LOG

<!--LOGHEADER[START]/-->

<!--HELP[Manual modification of the header may cause parsing problem!]/-->

<!--LOGGINGVERSION[2.0.7.1006]/-->

<!--NAME[/backup/SUM/sdt/log/SUM/DETERMINE-JDBC-DRIVER_01.LOG]/-->

<!--PATTERN[DETERMINE-JDBC-DRIVER_01.LOG]/-->

<!--FORMATTER[com.sap.tc.logging.TraceFormatter(%d [%6s]: %m)]/-->

<!--ENCODING[UTF8]/-->

<!--LOGHEADER[END]/-->

Mar 18, 2016 12:57:53 PM [Info  ]: Configuration has been built from input file /backup/SUM/sdt/config/ReadProfiles.xml.

Mar 18, 2016 12:57:53 PM [Info  ]: Global configuration has been built from input file /backup/SUM/sdt/config/ReadProfiles.xml.

Mar 18, 2016 12:57:54 PM [Error ]: The following problem has occurred during step execution: com.sap.sdt.util.diag.DiagException: Error while executing Task with input file ReadProfiles.xml and task READ_DB_DRIVER_LOCATION.

Task READ_DB_DRIVER_LOCATION not found in configuration file ReadProfiles.xml.

-----

I've read everything in google what I could about that problem, but still I don't have any idea to solve ths.

Can you help me?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

BorisMilosevic
Active Participant
0 Kudos

HI Thomasz

make sure that you are starting SUM under the correct <SID>adm user for java instance!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Tomasz,

We faced the same issue, and was wondering if you ever resolved your issue? If so, please share with us.

Thanks for your time,

DN

0 Kudos

use STARTUP.BAT confighostagent jvm6

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nguyen,

Were you able to solve your problem, We also have same problem in our system.

Looks like SUM SP16 patch 11 is showing this issue as earlier release does not have this problem.

Can you let me know how did you solve this problem.

Thanks,

Shivam