cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to use existing workflow in BPM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I am trying to use an existing workflow in S/4 as one of the steps of my BPM process in NWDS . But I am not able to find a connect or correlation that I can make .

I have looked at the following link in help.sap.com

Adding a Business Workflow in BPM Process Diagram - Modeling Processes with Process Composer - SAP L...

I am able to import the workflow but not able to use it . Is there any standard document which provides more detail on how to use the workflow in my BPM process.

Thanks

-Alok

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

junwu
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

don't know what you are trying.....

it says "You use this procedure to add a business workflow of an SAP backend system as part of a BPM process diagram for documentation purposes."

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jun

My thought was to use this workflow created in S/4 as one of the steps of my BPM process . Not sure if that is what the above link intention was . When I import it , it is showing as a human activity to which I could pass the control and get it back at the end of the completion of the process.

I was trying to create a scenario with the following steps to see if it is feasible .

Steps 1 : Request for creating a new customer is sent from source to SAP PO.

Step 2 : This request is captured in a BPM which calls Create Customer Bapi in S/4 .

Step 3 : The response from the Bapi Create is sent back to BPM From S/4 .

Step 4 : If the customer is successfully created based on the BAPI confirmation , Bpm initiates the workflow  for credit limit in S/4 .

Step 5: The workflow in S/4 sends notification to Approver to look at the Credit limit .

Step 6 : The Approver increases or decreases the credit limit . This information is updated by the workflow for the customer in S/4 and the same information also needs to be sent to BPM from the workflow.

Step 7 : Based on information from workflow BPM initiates the information to be sent back to the Source  .

Thanks

-Alok

junwu
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

This message was moderated.

Jocelyn_Dart
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

HI Alok

i think the question you are really trying to ask is how best to communicate between BPM & S/4HANA.  The documentation you have found is not relevant to your scenario.  Also I am unclear as to why you want to use BPM rather than simply use workflow in S/4? 

This discussion is already a little confused. Suggest you post a new discussion clarifying what you are trying to achieve & why you are approaching it as a mixed BPM & S/4 scenario. 

Rgds

Jocelyn