cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EM-AI Performance issue on massive number of data

Former Member
0 Kudos

We have been informed by SAP OSS that EM-AI is not built for mas amount of data. We are usually adding this in the config of the EM data extractor at Application Object Type level, however we have discovered loops within loops and the answer of OSS is that it is not built for mass amount of data. Have any of you experienced a similar issue? Any advice?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

kevin_wilson2
Contributor
0 Kudos

Yup many times Melvin....

All bulk transactions VL04N, VF04N don't work well with SAP EM unless you apply some customer specific OSS notes to address them. We often get tasked with not affecting the production transaction at all, specifically Sales Order save. In this instance we just use the standard BAdI implementation /SAPTRX/SD_SALESORD to trigger a business object event (against object BUS2032) to inform us of the change that was made. We then use SWETYPV to link a function module to that event in order to formulate the BAPI call to EM to create the event. All of this processing takes place in update task and does not affect the transaction commit of the sales order.

This is one way we have done it at Reveal. Good luck.

Thank you

Kevin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Melvin,

Which system version is your system?

What are the inbound and outbound volume of data?

Which scenario and where the data flow comes from?

Please answer these questions, let me reply how to efficiently implement custom option.

Regards

GGOPII

Former Member
0 Kudos

The scenario is on Sales Order Creation, which is processed via Application Object Type standard extraction. We are passing 70 fields and using EM 9.0.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Melvin,

Do you really need all those 70 fields? How about during change mode if there are any changes to the SO?

Thanks,

Vishnu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Melvin,

First of all, how we retrieve the data through custom extraction that matters most than whether  70 or more fields extraction impacting.

In one of the deployment, we had more than that and extracted through custom extraction.

Few things you have to consider and work on:

1. Create custom AOT type.

2. Create custom Relevant function.

3. Create custom Control data extraction

4. Create custom Expected event extraction

5. Create custom Info data extraction

6. Create customer Query ID extraction

Few issues may arise:

1. Sales order take 2 or 3 seconds to save (work with ABAPer to remediate this)

2. Queue may process slow to update in SAP EM.

Regards

GGOPII

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Melvin,

You can improve AI performance by customizing the AO Type and Event Types and removing unwanted logic and loops. It really depends on what you are trying to do. You need to ask yourself:

1) Do I really need all the parameters( Sys/Control/Info) which I extract today? You can reduce the logic and loops here(hopefully) if you remove unwanted parameters.

2) Should I really need to hit AI every time I change Application Object? Proper relevance at both AO Types and Event Types will indirectly help in your performance.

3) Can I reduce the number of event types by merging the logic of event types into single event type? I have seen the performance improvement in not using multiple event types and merging events into one or two event types.

If you can reduce the amount of data you are trying to send to EM then you can reduce that much logic and processing in your AI and it helps in performance.

Thanks,

Vishnu