Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NullPointerException occur when click "Export" or "Next Page"

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I have a system use CR2008.

Recently, customer of this system upgrade the server from Windows 2003 to Windows 2012 and  DB from SQL Server 2K5 to 2012.

After some investigation, I know that Service Pack 7 is needing to make CR 2008 be compatible with SQL Server 2012, so I have already install the service packs and can access to SQL Serer  2012 now.

The issue is after we update the Crystal Report Runtime to crjava-runtime_12.2.219, we can see the report but if we click the Export button (nomater export as rpt, pdf or excel), and dialog box will popup and show "Unable to process the request." the detail show NullPointer Exception was occur.

This issue seems like the issue in this thread http://scn.sap.com/thread/3669297 but slide different.

I have struggled this for two days, please help.

Any suggestion is highly appreciate.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Everyone, this issue solved.

Because the code generating report was wrote by another guy many years ago. So i am not farmilia with the code.

Yesterday, I found there is a line of code that dispose the reportViewer after reportViewer.processHttpRequest when I have no idea and look into the code again.

I guess it was the reportViewer was dispose that make the NullPointerException occur. So I try to remove this line of code, the reports all were back to normal, including page navigation and export pdf.

This code have been existing for about 8 years, it worked fine with the old crjava runtime and jdbc-1.1. Don't know why after update runtime to 12.2.219 and jdbc4, this ran into exception.

But anyway, it was solved already.

Thanks guys.

Answers (0)