Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

analysis office 2.2 bip addon install failed

former_member194340
Participant
0 Kudos

hi,

on the server windows 2012 r2 both version of .net 3.5 and 4.5 were installed. the setup checks the prerequisites and sets the status for prerequisite 'microsoft .net framework 4.5 or higher' on failed.

after the uninstall of .net 3.5 and restart the server, the same failure: please install 'microsoft .net framework 4.5 or higher'.

an idea how to deal with that here?

thanks,

zaki

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

markus_taxacher
Explorer
0 Kudos

I had the same issue on a Windows 2012 R2 and a Windows 2014 Server. As Note 2302655 is not helpful at all (because SP3 not yet released), I searched for the root cause of this issue.

The problem is that .NET 4.5 installation on the server is too new. If you check registry HKLM>Software>Microsoft>NET Framework Setup>NDP>v4>Full in Key "Version" you will see that version string is 4.6 and not 4.5 (in my case it was 4.6.01055, which is 4.6.1, which is KB3102467).

Solutions is to uninstall .NET 4.6.1 (if not required by other software installed on the servers). This version came as "Update for Microsoft Windows (KB3102467)", so uninstall this KB using "Programs and Features" > "Installed updates", restart Windows and start AO-Installation again.

(Ugly way which could possibly work: try to modify registry, start installation, switch back)

Hope that helps.

BR,

Markus

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Markus,

this is the solution!

Thanks very much for the support,

Best wishes!

Sascha

0 Kudos

Hi Markus,

This did not work for me as AO 2.2 SP02 still requires a .NET 4.5 or higher.  The uninstall of .NET 4.6.1 resulted in same failed installation requiring .NET 4.5 or higher.  SAP Support reiterated that the permanent code fix for this issue will be in SP03 that is supposed to be released next week (first week of May).

markus_taxacher
Explorer
0 Kudos

You have to install .NET 4.5, but not 4.6.1

I tried it on multiple new installations with sucess.

BR,

Markus

nikolaj_schmitz
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hello Markus,

your solution helped me perfectly and saved a lot of time. Thanks a lot for sharing it in SCN.

Cheers, Niko

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Me too facing issues with AA 2.2

Initially the below error was coming up while installation ::

Later on, once the required software's were installed and AA 2.2 also got installed facing the below error while trying to insert data source ::

Did someone face the same issue or someone can help on this?

Regards,

Abhijit

Former Member
0 Kudos

This message was moderated.

abdussamad_peera
Participant
0 Kudos

i was installing 2.3 and ran into same issue even after installing .net 4.6.1.

i uninstalled 4.6.1 and installed 4.5 and it worked.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I'm dealing with the same issue when try installing SP03 in my environment. Same issue on 3 Servers.

The setup checks the prerequisites and sets the status for prerequisite 'microsoft .net framework 4.5 or higher' on failed.

All of my Systems (Sandbox, Development and Productive) the same behaviour.

Any ideas?

br Sascha

Former Member
0 Kudos

If it is SP3 cannot be AO 2.2 as latest is SP2. What errors do you have in the installation log ("NwSapSetup.log")?

Former Member
0 Kudos

You're right! It's SP02.

I don't have a Folder like SAP under "Program Files (x86)" or "Program Files".

In "C:\Program Files (x86)\SAP BusinessObjects\" I can't find a logfile.

br Sascha

Former Member
0 Kudos

You can try to search for "NwSapSetup.log" anywhere on your drive C.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I don't have this file any of my BO Servers.

Best regards
Sascha

Former Member
0 Kudos

Try again the installation, and right after open the installation log ("C:\Program Files\SAP\SapSetup\LOGs\NwSapSetup.log" if 32 bit Windows or "C:\Program Files (x86)\SAP\SapSetup\LOGs\NwSapSetup.log" if 64 bit Windows) and look for an error on detecting the .NET Framework (it might be a left-over key from an older version).

I recently found out the installer does a thorough verification of all installed software and a more detailed on a few ones like (.NET Framework, Office, VSTO, Adobe Reader, JDK and JRE).

0 Kudos

Unfortunately, the NwSAPSetup.log did not get updated by the AO 2.2 SP02 installation attempt.  It simply does not get that far.

TammyPowlas
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Maybe try installing a higher version of 4.5 .NET framework? If you still experience issues, I would open a SAP Support incident

former_member194340
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks for reply.

I did not found anything in OSS Notes. I will open a SAP incident.

0 Kudos

Hi Zakaria,

I also experienced issue trying to install AO 2.2 SP02 on Windows 2008 R2 servers with .NET 4.6.1.  But the install kept failing saying that the critical prerequisite is "Microsoft .NET Framework 4.5 or higher".  SAP responded to my OSS Incident by referring to the recently issued OSS Note 2302655.  Basically said "a code fix is required...will be delivered in 2.2 SP03 and above".

Supposedly SP03 (described in OSS Note 2241328 but not released yet) is planned for 5/1/2016 release.

0 Kudos

Update:  SP03 is out for AA 2.2 (OSS Note 2241328).

But getting same failure saying that the critical prerequisite is "Microsoft .NET Framework 4.5 or higher".  OSS Note 2302655 said that this error is fixed in SP03.  Apparently not!

Updated my OSS Incident on this.