cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Maping XML Oracle Designer for PowerDesigner

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello people, I need import one xml exported from meta-model repository Oracle Designer . The problem is, i can not declare the attribute with vinculated in the Key object.

For PowerDesigner the Key is a object, and he have a Attribute collection. How i do for PowerDesigner see my structure or element how collections?

Someone have a script with collections declared in XML? 

Someone have other strategy for migration models to the PowerDesigner?

Link for XML Import Mappings:

*The problem declared for me is found in item 4.

XML Import Mappings - Customizing and Extending PowerDesigner - SAP Library

Thank the attention.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

GeorgeMcGeachie
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

If you have more than one model to import, you should consider using the Reischmann toolbus for Oracle Designer and PowerDesigner - take a look at www.reischmann.com.  Here's how they describe it:

"The TOOLBUS Interface for Oracle Designer and PowerDesigner enables the migration of Entity-Relationship Models from Oracle Designer to Conceptual Data Models (CDM) or Logical Data Models (LDM) in Sybase PowerDesigner, and of Server Models from Oracle Designer to Physical Data Models (PDM) in PowerDesigner, and vice versa.

The migration of Process Models and Function Hierarchy Diagrams from Oracle Designer to BPMN 2.0 Diagrams and Process Hierarchy Diagrams in Business Process Models (BPM) is also supported.

The TOOLBUS interface offers several options for the migration of User Defined Properties from Oracle Designer to Extended Model Definitions in PowerDesigner."

former_member200945
Contributor
0 Kudos

Could you provide a sample XML so I can try?