cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BI Platform Support Tool 2.0 Issue: E2E tracing shows results as Failed

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Team,

We are using BI Support Tool 2.0 to generate a end2end trace for a Opendocument login , we observe the tool is generating the trace logs files in the Users e2e_workdir folder, but the final end results for the trace shows as "FAILED".

1.)We are able to generate the landscape report for the environment. We are able to validate the SAP Host agent and the JMX port for the respective BO servers and Web Application tier servers

2.)When we try to generate a simple end2end trace for a cmc login also we see the FAILED message at the end of the trace, we do observe the logs in the e2e_workdir.

3.)Also the timetaken for generating the log files is more,as shown below:

Time spent for collecting BI traces 25min 2sec

Time spent for collecting Web traces 0min 1sec

Another instance:

Time spent for collecting BI traces 28min 59sec

Time spent for collecting Web traces 0min19sec

Please let us know if you want me to share any other information.

Has anyone observed these behaviour, could you please share your thoughts if the tracing is running or not?

Thank you

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Toby_Johnston
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hi Sumith,

Did you configure your local Web Application log directory paths for each Web Application Server in your landscape configuration?

For example:

We could have a quick citrix meeting to look into this next week if you're available.

Thanks

Toby

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Joshua/Tody,

I apologize for the late replay and not getting back on this.

Answer to the above queries:

1.) I have confirmed operations.d files are placed on all the servers running the SAP Host agent.

2.)I tired to test different scenarios ,like as BI launchpad login , Webi report refresh apart from the open document scenario, in all the steps we see the end result as the failed message but the logs still gets generated in the e2e_dir path

3.)After seeing your earlier replay , i now configured the path for the BI launchpad and CMC to the local drive for the Web/App servers and ran a new End2End trace and i still see the same behaviour.

4.)We tired to install the Support tools pack a different server machine and ran the trace and see the same results.

We are available to do citrix meeting anytime when you are free,Thank you for looking into the issue.

Thanks.

Sumith

Toby_Johnston
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hi Sumith,

Are you available for a Citrix session on Friday (April 6) at 2:00pm EST?  Send me an email toby.johnston@sap.com and let me know and I'll send you a meeting request.

Thanks

Toby

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Tody,

Thank you for setting up the meeting,

I have sent you an email with the my details on the same.

Thank you,

Regards,

Sumith

joshua_kuhn
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sumith Kumar,

Sorry, for the late reply.  Both Toby and I are out of the office this week, returning on Monday.  One of us can look into this more closely when we return.  But in the meantime, have you copied the operations.d files onto each host running the host agent?  This is documented in step 6 here:

https://wiki.scn.sap.com/wiki/pages/viewpage.action?pageId=439649059

Basically, without these files, the host agent won't be able to execute the commands from the BI Support Tool.  This includes gathering host info from a hardware analysis as well as fetching the log files during an E2E analysis.  If this has been done already, then can you try another capture that isn't opendoc?  Just to see if openDoc is the problem.  I personally haven't tried doing an openDoc E2E capture, so I can't confirm that there isn't a problem specific to OpenDoc.  In any event, if you're in a bind and looking to gather these files quickly, try using shared folders instead.  It's a little tedious if you have a lot of servers, but at least it will work.

Regards,

Joshua