cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Supported SAP Applications on Linux on Power (SLES)

pauler
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I'm currently asking myself which SAP applications (e.g. BW application server, ERP application server, and so on...) are eligible to be installed in an Linux on Power environment. Are there any restrictions or are all SAP products supported to run on Linux on Power. AFAIK is there still the Big Endian / Little Endian difference in SLES 11 on Power / x86.

Thanks for your help!

best regards

Robert

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

isaias_freitas
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hello Robert,

If this environment is listed as supported at the PAM (Product Availability Matrix), then you can install it.

Best regards,

Isaías

pauler
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hello Isaías,

thank you for your reply. I'm not very happy with the PAM in this case, because I was not able to figure out what I'm looking for. Let's have a look at a simple example.

Question: Is ABAP Application Server ERP 6.0 EHP 7 supported on Linux on POWER (e.g. SLES)?

Answer in PAM:

Unfortunately, there are no base components like Application Server ABAP listed in the PAM under technical release information > operating system.

Could you shed some light on understanding PAM here?

Thank you and best regards

Robert

isaias_freitas
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hello Robert,

I think that the "trick" is to locate the product, then access "Technical release information" -> "Database platforms". See below.

Then you can select the database or OS you want to use, and continue filtering with the remaining options at the left.

Best regards,

Isa[ias

pauler
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Isaías,

thank you for your fast reply. I tried to get the information with your described way. But what if you plan to run the Oracle instance on AIX and the application server on Linux on Power? Technically it's absolutely no problem to run database instance and application server on different platforms. Unfortunately the PAM is not able to reflect this, because in this example there is a relation with the database you choose. IMHO the operating system in this tab does just relate to the database systems you choose, not to the SAP application server.

best regards

Robert

isaias_freitas
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hello Robert,

In this case, "something" (e.g., database client, SAP kernel database dependent part, ...) is not supported for that environment.

Thus, not even an ABAP dialog instance can be installed on that OS if the selected database will be used.

If you keep the DB options blank and first select the OS you want, you will then see which databases are supported for that OS (not only the database itself, but a dialog instance as well).

I hope this clarifies your question .

Best regards,

Isaías