cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error reading from Connection(MQTT_Input_Adapter1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I used this tutorial: http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/d018a5f0-0845-3310-ac8d-dd7895dab...to create my own Input Adapter. But after running with HANA Studio SDS I get just this error:

ConnectionReader(InputStream1) error reading from Connection(MQTT_Input_Adapter1): 2016-03-23 11:25:56 The execution command ""%STREAMING_HOME%/adapters/framework/bin/start.bat" "%STREAMING_HOME%/adapters/framework/instances/mqtt_input/adapter_config.xml" "- DMQTTInputTransporterParameters.MosquittoServerAddress=tcp://localhost:1883" "-DMQTTInputTransporterParameters.Topic=test"" returned code: 1. 0 records consumed, 0 read, 0 bad, 0 good.

Do you know what is the problem?

Thank you

Jan Bednar

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I finally made MQTT Input Adapter working. I did whole tutorial again and it works now.

Thank you so much for your help!

Jan Bednář

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

RobertWaywell
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

From the error, it appears that your adapter is not able to connect to the Mosquito MQTT message broker using the address localhost:1883. Can you confirm that you have the Mosquito message broker running on the same Linux host as the SDS node is running on?

Or is it possible that you are running the Mosquito message broker on your laptop/desktop where you are running HANA Studio? If that is the case, then you will need to use the fully qualified domain name (FQDN) or the IP address of the machine where you are running the Mosquito message broker as opposed to localhost since the message broker wouldn't be running on the Linux host where the SDS server process and the adapter are running.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I run the MQTT mosquitto broker on Widows server 2008, where is also SAP HANA Studio/ESP installed. I have server information as same as you in user guide:. I also tried to type exactly IP address of the machine, but same result just with the IP address instead of "localhost" in error.

RobertWaywell
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Jan,

We're taking a look but it will probably be Tuesday before we have some more feedback for you. We don't happen to have this example set up at the moment so we need to get it set up again and then we can give you some guidance.

Are you specifically looking to use MQTT messages as an input or are you more interested in building a custom adapter?

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Robert,

I would like to use MQTT messages, but I will probably create some custom adapters later.

Thank you!

Jan Bednar

JWootton
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Jan,

I'd be interested in hearing more about your requirement for MQTT and your use case.  We've been trying to gauge the demand for MQTT, to determine how/if/when MQTT support should be on our roadmap, making it standard, rather than requiring a custom adapter.  Insight into your needs would be helpful.  Feel free to take the conversation offline -  you can email me at jeff.wootton@sap.com

Jeff

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jeff,

thank you, I sent you an email.

Jan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Robert,

have you already created some guidance for as you wrote?

Thank you

Jan Bednar

RobertWaywell
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Jan,

We're still working through some changes between SP10 and SP11 that affected configuration of custom adapters. Shouldn't be much longer.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Robert,

ok, please let me know as soon as possible.

Thank you

Jan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Did you confirm your MQTT Mosqitto broker is installed properly? You can type the command "netstat -an" into your command prompt and look for a connection with local address "0.0.0.0:1883": this would be the Mosqutto broker. If it is not there, then you may not have installed it correctly. If it is there, make sure to start the Mosquitto broker before you run your project. Did you get that error when you are compiling your project or when running it?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Justine,

I checked "netstat -an" and it is there:

I have the error when I try to start the adapter. Compiling is fine. Mosquitto broker is working normally with mosquitto_sub.exe and mosquitto_pub.exe, that we tried.

This error shows up when I start the adapter in all possible combination of IP addresses, and with or without broker. There must be problem with configuration.

Thank you,

Jan