Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What are the Pre requisites for BOM BOS

satya11719
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I need a help BOM BOS activity.....

1. How this 3 FM will work, i want BOS Exported substances only to EU.

2.    How this table will be updated ESTWL,

3.     Because i can't able to get any work list in CG37, System telling that no data available(with BOM number which i assigned material to that specification). How to get that Data in CG37.

4. SAP_EHS_1012_001 for Env Parametes i was maintained cause i want the BOS data to be captured in to that VA.

Please guide me on this any SAP Notes are there ? i searched in threads but i dint get correct info..

Thanks

Satya

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

satya11719
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi CB,

Thanks again,

1. I can not judge oin this sentence. But in most cases. we have "FERT" and "HALB" in place. If you assign any material like that to REAL:Sub you will get a "cycle" (material contains it self); but I assume your sentence does have "different" meaning (please explain)

Yes, i'm using only FERT , which i was created a real_sub and assigned a material to that and here i'm transferring the BOM manually.

2. Where is this OWNID field came from any idea ???

3.PS: it is assumed that your user does have all the needed access rights,,,

PPS: it is assumed that you have prepared "full" customizing (of any BOM BOS Step to be done)

I did all the configuration according.

4.I still assume:we talk a about a "production BOM" and not a "sales BOM" (this is big difference !)

The reason of this hint: still i have problems to link your other topic with BOM BOS interface (BOS Exported substances only to EU.)

It is production BOM only , what is sales BOM i'm hearing for the first time. lemme go through your links..

Thanks

Satya

christoph_bergemann
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Satya

1.) process you have used seems to be ok. That means you have now one FERT (the so called BOM header mat nr.)assigned to REAL_SUB. How many BOM ITEMS do you have (in youe one example)? which material type? Do the BOM Items still have an assigned REAL_SUB? Is the "FERT" maintained correct so that the system can calculate a "weight%"? (topic of UOM maintenance etc.)

2.) OWNID: the ownid is part of EHS data model; it is normally used only for e.g. content upload etc. In one of the BOM BOS customizing activities you can define one "OWNID" to be used. This ownid seems not to be existent (invalid reference value...) (check may be https://www.consolut.com/en/s/sap-ides-access/d/s/doc/Q-C1L30002)

The "best" may be to be done as next step is: just "debug" the process (and check at which place the error message are generated). It is no possible to help you without knowledge of your customizin etc.

C.B:

PS: any change in error message (in comparison to your last screen shown here)?

christoph_bergemann
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Satya

based on thread

I try to help you:

1.) In SAP ERP you use normally SAP MM, SAP SD and SAP PP; on the top you can use SAP EHS

2.) a  produktion "BOM" is only "there" if you really "produce" somehow

(e.g. use as an example: bring together water + coffee + sugar + milk => and will get a nice cup of coffee)

Therefore: i want BOS Exported substances only to EU.

=> if you have no production you have no BOM (as shown above). E.g. as explained you couild be simply a "reseller" and buy chemistry, use different label and sell it once again; here you don't need a BOM; Therefore you will get no "BOS"

If you talke a look on the many "BOM BOS" discussion here. even if there are BOMs: you can be quite sure that there are many alternative per plant; and that the "same" chemistry might be produced in more than one plant; tehrefore you have many BOMs; and this is not an easy situation to use BOM BOS In some parallel thread discussion come up, that somebody can defined a "reference BOM" to be used to create BOS; not a bad idea but inreal life not easy to handle (depending on size of company and complexity of BOMs etc.)

Is your topic now solved?

C.B:

christoph_bergemann
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Satya

any progess here? Does it work now?

C.B.

satya11719
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi CB,

I did it, logic is simple but after reading so many documetns i got it.

sorry for delay in closing the thread.

satya11719
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi CB,

Thanks for your valuable inputs,i assgined all Raw materials to specification, Now i;m getting this error. 

christoph_bergemann
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Satya

I can only assume something.

E.g.; in customizing You can maintain "OWNID" to be used as part of the "overall" process (please check the links i have shared to you) (but to my knowlegde as "optional". The value used is "wrong" and does not exists etc. We can assume that the next error as shown  is a "follow" up error

"Parent object contains errors" => not sure what you have done. Let us assume this:

You have one BOM and tried to get a BOS. To many error can be the reason of this; more details are needed

The "information""data record is locked": can have many meanings

E.g. you "block" the BOM (e.g. use CS02 for same BOM for which you would like to execute BOM BOS transfer)); you "block" the "REAL_SUB" (in CG02 in Edit mode)

Regarding your topic: "i assigned all raw materials" to specification..

I can not judge oin this sentence. But in most cases. we have "FERT" and "HALB" in place. If you assign any material like that to REAL:Sub you will get a "cycle" (material contains it self); but I assume your sentence does have "different" meaning (please explain)

BOM BOS use two options.

1.) either we have one "FERT""/HALB" still assign to REAL_SUB

2.) ro we do not have this situation

If 2.) is true the  BOM BOS should generate a "REAL_SUB" (in authorization group as defined in customizing) try to "calculate" (using the BOM items and try to convert to "mass") and at the end e.g. if you have thre "HALBs" as part of the BOM we can assume that either there REAL_Sub are generated (one per HALB) and that these new specs will then be "part" of the composition

I have no clue why you have received teh same error more than  once...

Without knowing the details of the "BOM" to be transferred as "BOS"; the customizing set up you used and the data situation in EHS not that many help is possible.

C.B.

PS: it is assumed that your user does have all the needed access rights,,,

PPS: it is assumed that you have prepared "full" customizing (of any BOM BOS Step to be done)

Do you use "manual" transfer? I assume this based on what you have showed. This is "better" for the start to get an idea about "error"

Last PPS: I have seen quite "strange" BOMs which one would assume never ever should come up; i could tell you here stories.. ; any "cycle" must be avoided here (e.g. material X conatins material X => this is not allowed in EHS; but sometimes this is set up in BOM (having good reasons)

Really last PPS: check thread ; here error as you have noticed is mentioned "" Error in Parent Object""

This wasn't "last pps". Please check: Sales BOM | SCN

Differences Between Sales BOM and Production BOM

I still assume:we talk a about a "production BOM" and not a "sales BOM" (this is big difference !)

The reason of this hint: still i have problems to link your other topic with BOM BOS interface (BOS Exported substances only to EU.)

christoph_bergemann
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Satya

if I read your topic:

1. How this 3 FM will work, i want BOS Exported substances only to EU.

arent't you not interested in "REACH like SVT" topic?

BOM; BOS is not designed for such "purposes". This is "my story"

a.) you can have many BOMs in the system

b.) The BOM are "plant" related. Now you can identify if or if not the plant belongs to "EU"

c.) and yes by using BOM BOS you could create a "BOS" from this ""BOM" but this is not the "Exported substances" story you are referring. This is simply the story that these "Substances" are used to generate a material in EU

C.B.

christoph_bergemann
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Satya

please check first the two existing documents:

Coming back to your screen; PAY attention. Refer to first document. we have now more than one "BOM BOS" interface in place. I assume you refer to EHS classic one.

Make sure that you have read the corresponding EHS BOMBOS Customizing (C1L0... represents the "classical" BOM BOS); the first FM: i do not know, the third one: could by the FM used by SPRC

check your environment parameter-"PROF001" must exists (as default usage); you should not use the BOMBOS_COMP as shown by you. The "main" idea of BOM BOS Is.

Using one BOM create one BOS; but here you have llsted twice the3 same VAT and then a third VAT => this is clearly wrong in my opinion; onyl one VAT is allowed (but by using the "additional exits" you can create "addon BOS" in different VAT if needed

Sorry. No OSS note existing that I am aware of (a OSS conslting note as with SDS shipment) to help in BOM BOS set up

Depending on your scenario (please check SAP Online help !)

a.) REAL_SUB has assigned material

b.) or REAL_UB does not have assigned materia

Story is different.  BOM BOS interface wasn't discussed in 2015 (if I remember correct)

C.B.

PS: there are as well threads existing outside of SCN. e.g. http://www.webnetta.com/bombos-interface-warning-message-after-changes-saved-in-the-bom/

PPS: these links could be of interest:

SAP ABAP IMG Activity EHS_BOMBOS_02 (Specify Environment Parameters and Conditions) - SAP Datasheet ...

SAP ABAP IMG Activity EHS_BOMBOS_01 (Specify Selection Criteria for Worklist) - SAP Datasheet - The ...